FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *giggle* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *giggle*
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In MeatSpace, I am an expansive hunk of man-flesh. Consequently, the few laughs that manage to escape can be generously described as "guffaws;" they have to be, to penetrate my meaty bulk.

I produce in addition to these guffaws and/or chortles many hundreds of giggles a day, which sadly never manage to percolate to the surface.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see the guffaws--I can see chortles. Snickers, snorts, belly laughs, broad grins, subtle smiles...all of this I can see. But giggles? I'm still skeptical.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I didn't even think of the dirty connotations until you brought it up.

She's corrupting us all!

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The point, of course, is that you do not see the giggles. They die unborn, and join a great gestalt of merriment within my ample belly.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I hope for Christy's sake that those giggles do not build up and explode from the other end. Just let them free!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I wondered what all that rippling was.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She's corrupting us all!
::wrinkles nose:: I know. Sorry about that. It appears that, when they handed out Hatrack nitches, I got the dirty dirty one.

quote:
In MeatSpace, I am an expansive hunk of man-flesh.
He's intelligent, witty; he has huge... tracts of land. What's not to like about him?

(However, I also most frequently guffaw, and I'm not particularly hunky.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*rotfl* I've been told that my personal guffaws/shrieks of laughter are my most endearing yet simultaneously annoying personality trait.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom may not giggle much, but he certainly is jolly. I think jolly people emit *giggles* all the time.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.