FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Metaphorical [Bad Things] That You See Coming But Can't Change *eyeroll* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Metaphorical [Bad Things] That You See Coming But Can't Change *eyeroll*
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I predict that my erstwhile husband is going to completely blow a gasket when I finally hand him court papers... I started discussions with an attorney today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no clue, Goody...did I miss a post somewhere?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I was born the year after the Graduate came out, but I'd guess 36. She didn't look old enough to have a daughter that age. But this is coming from someone who only knows The graduate from scenes lifted and parodied in other films.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You are the winner, Olivia!
I always used to think she was so old. Now i am five years older.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Bancroft was in her forties; she looked ancient.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

This has been my "Oh my lord, I am so freaking OLD" revelation of the week.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
For me too, Liz. I'm going to be 37 this year. That feels very weird to say. In my head it doesn't seem possible I got any older than 25.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt old a little while back when I was watching When Harry Met Sally and realized, during the scene when she bursts into tears with a "I'm going to be thirty...Someday!" that I was not only older than her character, I was older than the actress herself at the time she filmed the movie.

*shudder*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, 35 was way harder for me than 40. In the visual timeline in my head, I could never see past 35 or 36 when I was younger.

(I really hope other people have visual timelines in their head, by the way)

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...I thought she said 40. I'm *really* going to feel old if she said 30.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am not sure exactly, but I think I remember them saying that Dustin hoffman was 31 when he played that role, only a few years younger than Mrs. R.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
DPR:
quote:
quote: I predict that my erstwhile husband is going to completely blow a gasket when I finally hand him court papers... I started discussions with an attorney today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no clue, Goody...did I miss a post somewhere?

I probably mentioned something in my intro post, but it's not something I mention much, at least not here. We've been living apart for over 2 years, he made one very feeble attempt at getting on my good side (took me to dinner and a movie one night) but refuses to talk to me or anything else. Ah well, his loss.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.