FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's Friday night - what are you doing?! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's Friday night - what are you doing?!
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting at Hatrack? Leaving your house? What!
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Working. :/
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
foreign films!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you seeing Annie?

I'm going to see my friend in 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Sci-Friday. Stargate, Stargate Atlantis and Battle Star Galactica. And, or course, I have to tape Monk. Normally, I'd watch Monk, but I'm taping it for my parents. They enjoy watching someone who isn't me act like that. [Smile]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Grocery shopping, and picking up some cloth diapers from a freecycler.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for my husband to come home. [Frown] 4 hours, 13 minutes to go...

Oh, and looking at fabric ideas to tell Katie about when we go fabric shopping tomorrow. After I'm finished with that, I may have to change my designs a little more if I get another idea. [Smile] Thanks for giving me a fun project, Katie, since I'm almost finished with the wearable blankets I've been making my friend's baby!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

And I'm taping Numb3rs and Medical Investigations. I need to borrow one of my husband's VCRs though. And my son is trying to cajole one of his friends into spending the night and watching Napoleon Dynamite.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm... Monk. Wait, it's on at like 9:30 right?

That's cutting it close... I have to get up at 5:30 for work tomorrow morning. :/

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Monk is on at 10/9 central.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
So Monk and BSG conflict eh? Too bad for BSG, I think. I'm in more of a Monk mood tonight.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Cocktails and sparkling conversation at Azia. Ginger-lemon martinis, here I come!

Can't stay out too late, though, because tomorrow I am meeting a friend to watch as many episodes of the first season of Farscape as we can get in in a sitting, with a break for lunch. I got the DVDs for Christmas. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Don't worry, Monk is on again at 12/11 central. Though they have invented these nifty things callef VCRs that allow you to tape one thing and watch another.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to relax. so I am watching this movie and drooling over Kirsten Dundst.
*sigh* Kirsten Dundst
*watching Crazy/Beautiful
Plus, I will soon do my state taxes after making a stupid mistake with my federal.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

VCWhats? Huh?

My VCR doesn't seem to like my satellite, for some reason. I haven't been able to get it to tape from it. Not that I've put much effort into it though.

I'll just watch it at 12.

[ January 28, 2005, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished counting the holes in the ceiling tiles, and now I am randomly flinging boogers at the wall all the while searching the convicted sex offenders pics at my state's website...

Fun indeed. Pass the spray cheese.

Oh, and I am supposed to be working, but I refuse to.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Going to bed.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Grocery shopping.

Galactica.

Grinding Xps.

The 3 Gs of Friday Night

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
In an hour, Shabbos will start.

No kids this weekend.

Peace, quiet, a big pot of soup, some fabulous cookies from the kosher French bakery, and several good books.

Bliss. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Going to a dance that I don't realy want to go to with a boy who has a small crush on me which is unreciprocated which makes me slightly uncomfortable. Oh well.

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll treasure those memories when you're old and the boys stop paying attention!

(edit: hmm... does this come across too "bitter old woman"?)

[ January 28, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: The Pixiest ]

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Pixiest, aren't you about 19?
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
What are you seeing Annie?

I'm going to see my friend in 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.

Well, I've turned into the family video jockey since I control the Netfix account, and I'm trying to pick foreign films my mom and I can both enjoy. She thought Kitchen Stories was really weird (but I loved it), so this time we're trying The Color of Paradise.

Oh, and enjoy one of my favorite plays ever!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

All of you who are staying home to watch TV, you better be going out tomorrow night. Slackers.

Except Kayla. You get a free pass.

The rest of you, get out of the house!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Best Freudian slip of the day:
quote:
. . . since I control the Netfix account . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

[Razz] No, no... I get my netfix elsewhere.

And ElJay darling, can you make your ultimatum only apply to people who live in places where going out is an option?

rivka
Member # 4859

Pfft. I bite my thumb at ElJay's ultimatum.

I plan to enjoy solitude and quiet at home tonight, and will most likely enjoy quiet and solitude at home tomorrow.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

noemon: I was back in the 80s
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally going out and partying the memories of the week away.

Part 1: Dinner with friends.
Part 2: Napoleon Dynamite.
Part 3: Incoherence.

It's going to be a great night.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, it's not an option for someone stuck alone with a 10 month old and no car. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
No money to go out... No one to go out with.
So i will play Sims 2 while watching tee vee.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder. Just wonder.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
Working.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
Attempting to value bond instruments with the Ho-Lee model.

I'm on the verge of envying the booger guy.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently I'm sitting here. Talking to you lot. I might play some Civ III later. No plans to turn the TV on, though.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Pixiest--How was it that I had you in my mind as a teenager? That's...really odd. I think I must be combining several people with similar usernames into a single being.

So--who dates Black Fox, or maybe used to? Who hates Tom Davidson with the firey intensity of 1000 suns? Who is very, very right wing? I had thought that all three of those applied to you, but I'm guessing I'm wrong.

Kayla
Member # 2403

Pixie is with Black Fox. The other traits are The Pixiest.

[ January 28, 2005, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see Hide and Seek. I liked it. Pretty scary in parts.
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I finish reading the Rack, I'm putting Time Bandits into the DVD and working on Lady of the Flag (one of my cross stitch projects)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Latin. And browsing various online fora. Yay.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I turned the TV on. I watched "Good Eats". He asserted that grits and polenta were exactly the same thing. Then he proceeded to prove it by making them both at the same time--by putting different ingredients into the two pans and cooking them with different methods. Sure convinced me. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ah, okay, thanks Kayla.
Noemon
Member # 1115

You know, BSG wasn't too bad. Not Firefly, but then what is. I'll definitely be watching it next week, and will be keeping my eye out for reruns of the episodes I've missed.

Now back to cleaning. Once I get done with that I have to shovel my tenants' walk, and then I'm going to get Quicken set up, or at least get started on it. I'll take a break at Midnight to watch Monk.

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at school. [Cry]

But tomorrow, I'll be in Vegas! [Big Grin]

Aw, crap. I wanted to watch NUMB3RS. [Frown]

Any chance you can lend it to me after you're done with it? [Kiss]

[Sleep]

[ January 28, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Sure.

But I'd need your address to do that.

So, now your choice is no NUMB3RS or giving the crazy chick your address.

What to do, what to do.

[Wink]

You just remembered they do re-runs, didn't you!

[ January 28, 2005, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

When do they do reruns? [Wink]

(I ain't afeared of crazy peeple. A seen worse. [Razz] )

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Okay, just e-mail me your addy. I taped all of CBS tonight, so there's a new Joan of Arcadia on it, too.
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from hanging out with friends. We meet in the lounge of a dorm every Friday to talk maybe play cards or a board game. Tomorrow I am meeting these same people for dinner. I will probably stay out doing something until late. One of my friends from that group is also Episcopalian, so we are going to church, the forum, and then food on Sunday. I think that is an adequate amount of socializing for a weekend. It is basically the same thing I do every weekend.

(I know I extended Friday to my whole weekend)

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sent!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Fine. People with 10 month old babies are also exempt. Annie, I bet you could find something to do if you tried, but I'll give you a pass, too. Rivka: [Taunt] Go ahead, do nothing. See if I care.

Not like I expected anyone to listen to me, anyway. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.