FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's Friday night - what are you doing?! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's Friday night - what are you doing?!
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew. I just got home. That was a fun night.

I performed for 100 people in the name of charety, had some red wine from back home (Okanogan Valley), smoked some reefer, ate some pizza, and went to a small party at a friends house.

And.... you all watched movies??! [The Wave]

Edit: And I LOVE movies.

[ January 29, 2005, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: sexy_aaron ]

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...yesterday night I was with my girlfriend and we, hmmm (please, children out of the room, now)...played... chess and... Playstation II (Suikoden III). [Blushing]

[Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night?

I was watching Joan of Arcadia and Monk.

The TV fare on Friday seems to be targeted right at me. Agnostic and neurologically weird (medical documentation to prove it). [Razz]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Icky. It's a good news, bad news situation.

The good news is that about a month ago, my husband thought he broke his finger, it hasn't gotten any better and he made a doctor's appointment for today, so I went with him and he took me to the store to shop and I mailed the tape.

The bad news is that his appointment was for 1:30 and he didn't see the doctor till 4:00 and we didn't get to the store till 4:30. They pick up the mail at 3:35. [Frown]

Anyway, it'll be on it's way Monday, so look for it around Wednesday or Thursday.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and it's cued up for Numb3rs. If you wanna watch Joan of Arcadia, you have to rewind 2 hours.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Since others have extended into the weekend...I will too.

Last night Wes was at the fire station and we had an ice/sleet event. It was cool, I built a big fire and watched Sci-Fi Friday on the Sci-Fi channel and read a book. Re-reading The Uplift War by David Brin because I'm out of new things to read and it was the first book on my bookshelf that made me say "Hey! I haven't read that in a while!"

This morning I was at class at 8:00 am which was an adventure, because there were a lot of trees down on the roads and such from the ice.

Music appreciation class, and it was fun. We listened to some Gregorian chants and a piece written by a female troubadour back in the 1100's that was the earliest example I've ever heard of a "you done me wrong song" She was whining about how her lover doesn't treat her with any respect and is nice to everyone else except her.

We also reviewed for a test next week, and I got every question on the review test right, which was encouraging.

Tonight, I cooked spaghetti, and now I'm in the typical after-supper mode - checking hatrack and my online classes. Then I'll head upstairs to spend some time with Wes.

Tomorrow - church in the morning, furniture making in the afternoon, I have an ottoman that I'm rebuilding.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not doing nothing, ElJay.

I am recharging my batteries (and I mean that in a metaphorical sense, before someone gets cute). You are an extrovert, and recharge by going out and doing stuff. I am not.

You don't see me telling you to stay home with a good book and a cup of cocoa, do you?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I went to work both last night and tonight.

But I'll make sure I do something fun tomorrow night.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck working 12 Hr shifts 7 pm through 7 am. Not much fun.

At least there's Hatrack!

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Studied last night.

Got up this morning and made popovers. David was happy. Went to cafe and studied all day.

Came home, fixed Cuban sandwiches from yesterday's slow-roasted pork. Also spicy red pepper and mushroom soup from the pan drippings. Husband was delirious with happiness and offered to marry me again.

Was required to sleep for four hours. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I actually do recharge with a good book and a cup of cocoa. I just didn't need recharging this weekend, I got plenty of relaxation last week in Hawaii. Going out is usually a leeetle bit stressful for me, but if I can get past it I have fun, so I try to make myself do it. But when I revert to my natural state, I hermit.

And today I watched 8 episodes of Farscape, had lunch at a fabulous Thai place, and walked around a lake. And had ghirdelli hot chocolate. [Razz]

Edit: Ooooooh, those sandwiches sound delicious.

[ January 30, 2005, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

That's right -- today was your Farscape marathon. Congrats!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Of course, that only covered 2 disks, and I still have 4 to go. [Smile] But I probably won't do the rest straight through like that.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

When I was in residency, I dealt with one particular time of stress (first year, 36-hr call shifts in the peds ICU every other night over Christmas break) by watching 12 hours of X-files tapes once it was over.

Man, my dreams had a creepy soundtrack for weeks. But it worked to snap me out of the blues.

That was the time when I fell asleep standing up. I'd clocked in 98 hours in 5 days, and the attending was "pimping" me (i.e., asking training questions) about a chest X-ray at two in the morning. Took a deep breath, started the spiel -- "Well, the bony structures are intact. Full inspiration as shown by inflation to 8 ribs, ..." -- and promptly nodded off. He shook me awake and sent me back to bed.

[Frown]

Egads. That was when I was going into cardiac failure. Less than a month and a half later, I had cardiac surgery. *wince

[ January 30, 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Going out is usually a leeetle bit stressful for me, but if I can get past it I have fun, so I try to make myself do it. But when I revert to my natural state, I hermit.

That's me, to a T!

And I seriously contemplated going out tonight (mostly because of this thread) but decided I was too tired.

In fact, I'm going offline shortly. No Farscape for me. I'm on disk 4 of season 1 of Stargate. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.