FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finally getting some education

Author Topic: Finally getting some education
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm finally coming out of my educational shell ( or I suppose my lack of an education at the omment) and taking some college courses here in Europe. Nothing really crazy at first I have a parapyschology seminar/class thing this weekend in which I have to write a paper and on the 14th of this month I'm going to sign up for English 101 and some other course. I'm kind of excited to finally improve on my technical English and honestly just better myself as a whole.

Plus the cool thing is the army pretty much pays for anything and I can apply for a pell grant which would most likely cover all of my book costs, which is nice as well to be honest. Free Education.

The classes aren't offered from the greatest of instituations. They are offered through UMUC here, which has been handling soldiers education in Europe and overseas for a rather long time ( when my father was a soldier he got his 2 year degree through umuc. I'll be honest though as bad as I did in Highschool I'm happy to be able to take any kind of college courses at all, in a way I feel rather unworthy. Though I'm shooting to get at least a 3.5 gpa in the courses I take so that I can be accepted to a normal university when I get out of the army in 3 years ( 7 years total.. woo lol). Anyhow.. I suppose I just wanted to shout that out there.. and that I'll probabably need a little bit of assistance in some of my classes at first. Hopefully all will go well.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
I hope that you use your benefits to the fullest by using the GI bill to pay for college once you have a chance to go full time. Good luck in your current courses.

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome! I've really enjoyed getting back in school, and find I appreciate the opportunities a lot more than I did when I was 18 and 19 years old.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great. [Big Grin]

As the year goes on (my first year of college), I'm really beginning to appreciate the opportunity of a college education more and more.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.