FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More Death Cookies - aka, "The Mad Machine" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More Death Cookies - aka, "The Mad Machine"
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
"I wish Jack would stop giving everything even remotely phallic those little wiggle lines. Makes me uncomfortable."

You noticed it too? [Angst]

Great job, Ralphie.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That was awesome, Ralphie. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys.

quote:
Ralphie, you might want to change the title of the thread so people know there is a new masterpiece in the house.
Okey doke.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes tear from eye*

Beautiful, Toni.

Are ya gonna link to the original Death Cookie? I'm too busy (read: lazy) to look for the link

[Wink]

[ February 14, 2005, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Kira, they're all in my Ralphie album in the Jatraqueros portion of foobonic, here. Just click on the parody and then again to get the full version. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
"You think YOU'VE got problems! My clicky pen just jammed on me! Oh, and, uh, it's got cancer."

Holy cow, I'm going to laugh up a lung!

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
A cancerous lung?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
with wiggly lines around it.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dan!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That was *great* Ralphie.

I'm a toss up between text crow and "SOMEbody needs some Black Strap Molasses" for my favourite. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That was so funny when they became text [ROFL]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Thanks again, guys. For taking the time to even read it. [Smile]
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Ralphie, I might actually consider serving you Nescafe naked as a fitting tribute for these.

I've just always had a thing against Jack Chick ever since he bashed Christian Rock. I got saved the first time I heard The Triskadecapobian Apostles sing "Hellfire Swirlie (Satan gave me a wedgie)". Sure, the music sucked, but it led me to avoid an eternity of demons giving me wet willies and pushing me into the infernal girl's bathroom, so they're alright in my book...which is The Bible.

[ February 15, 2005, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been said before, but it bears repeating:

Ralphie, you rock. Seriously.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
amazing.
[Hail] Ralphie

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Mabus also made a Chick parody at the time, and I completely forgot to upload it (like an idiot). I've corrected my mistake, and you can find "The Day of the Lord" here.

Unfortunately, the text is small. But hopefully it's readable. Give all kudos to Mabus, as it is his brain child. [Smile]

Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
No responses, eh?

This is encouraging.

I should've known better than to compete with Ralphie.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Mabus,
I don't know if that's neccesarily a parody. It's more like a retranslation with some exaggerated extrapolation thrown in. You made an argument, not a pardoy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't know so much that people are going to find it entertaining or funny.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
It seemed to be "anyone who disagrees with me is a fanatic who secretly loves Satan, hate, and other bad stuff".

In other words, it was just another typical Chick Tract...only mirror-image reversed.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] "once you are saved you can be as awful to people as you want, especially those nasty A-rabs"

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
but I would agree, most of it was pretty deep and you have to know eschatology in order to see what you are making fun of. But if an audience is versed in pre-trib eschatology,they can see the sarcasm. I also need to go back and read the original too for comparison.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it will help to think of it as a satire rather than a parody.

And maybe now that it's out of my system I can make something funnier, neh?

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.