FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boskone 2005, Do you have an excuse? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Boskone 2005, Do you have an excuse?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should re-read Hart's Hope. I got it because I'd been looking for ages, and was so excited to read it; I read it on the plane out to CA-- while I was 6 months pregnant. [Cry] Bad idea!!! [Angst] Now I'm thinking I should read it again, from a little less hormonal and upset standpoint, but I'm afraid to...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am just so bummed that I missed this whole Boskone thread, and made other plans.

My groupie skills are failing me!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elviiis
Member # 7382

- posted      Profile for elviiis   Email elviiis         Edit/Delete Post 
Boskone captures many of my interests. Writing, reading, and hanging out with nerds.

Although OSC will be the highlight of the weekend, I also look forward to Jim McDonald reading an exerpt from “Atlanta Nights.”

The whole “Atlanta Nights” sting, is, IMO, one of the best hoaxes of the 21st century. Sure, better ones will come, but this sets a standard of vengeance and cruelty that I find delicious.

Please read more about it.

Uncle Jim comes clean

TNH’s collection of links about the story.

Travis Tea’s web page. Be sure to say his name out loud.

The blessed manuscript.

A list of the guilty parties.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Robin Hobb wrote Ch. 27!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm, I don't think I've ever heard of the Atlanta Nights thing. I'll have to check it out next week, it sounds interesting.

So, why the three i's, elviiis? And how would you pronounce that, if you were going to?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot read the manuscript. It's just too painful.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elviiis
Member # 7382

- posted      Profile for elviiis   Email elviiis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the manuscript is revolting. I can only read a little at a time before my eyes begin to bleed.

elviiis is easy to say because two of the i's are silent. The third i comes from an old nickelodeon show.

[ February 17, 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: elviiis ]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh my goodness, I just read the wikipedia article. How funny! Perhaps we should do a reading from this instead of Eye of Argon at the next big gathering?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Cool, elviiis. And I loved that show! Can barely remember it now, but I remember being anxious for it to come on. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else going?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

elviiis, I tried to email you, but your profile is bolcked....if you want to meet up with us, let us know. My email works, and so does Paul's, and Frisco's.

Also, I was wondering if kacard was going to be there as well.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Down with the Boskone and the Eudorians!
Long live the Arisians and the Galactic Patrol!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I amgetting ready to leave for Boston....see you guys there, just call on my cell #!

Kwea

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Kwea I had just crawled into bed when you posted that.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

This morning? Well, you could have come then, you were up!
[Big Grin]

[ February 20, 2005, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.