FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC in Boston this Weekend... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC in Boston this Weekend...
elviiis
Member # 7382

- posted      Profile for elviiis   Email elviiis         Edit/Delete Post 
From the pike you have the choice of taking 128 (exit 14) north to rt 2 and proceding as before. Or you can take 128 south one exit to the Riverside station where it is cheaper to park (I can’t remember how much; I walk there), but the getting on the T costs $3 instead of $1.25.

Riverside is the end of the Green D line.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was short on time, and wasn't really sure about where I was going at the time, so I drove right in and parked at the Pru.

I won't do that again!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here is a question. I read that the Braintree stop has an exit fee. Huh?

(Thanks for that info, Elviis)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he had come through in his spare time and signed all their hardcovers as well. He was the only author who does that on a regular basis
He does more than that-- at the last DC area signing, he apparently signed all the copies of Shadow of the Hegemon in the Union Station bookstore.

Why he was in Union Station, I have no idea; I thought he and kacard were drivers, not train riders.

And kacard is exceptionally cool.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, yeah....the bookstore won't raise their prices because ot it... [Big Grin]

[ February 22, 2005, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And kacard is exceptionally cool.

I second that!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

No, you third it...I told her that in person
this weekend. [Big Grin]

Not to mention in the Boskone thread.

elviiis
Member # 7382

- posted      Profile for elviiis   Email elviiis         Edit/Delete Post 
To increase fares without retrofitting the turnstyles, the T would charge people to get off the train.

Read about it here

I don't have time to fact check the site, but it's a good place to start.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.