FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Question.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Question....
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*is jealous*

It is always nice when you hook up with friends. [Smile]

You already know each other's flaws, so you can skip the awkward discovery stage and skip to the good stuff!

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You already know each other's flaws, so you can skip the awkward discovery stage and skip to the good stuff!
The awkward discovery stage can be very fun, fraught with risk but flush with reward.

For me, the advantage of dating a friend is that the intimacy extends more deeply. To love with head, hands, and heart, as it were.

[ February 27, 2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
So, been reading Elfquest lately I3?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, why?
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

(Or ever, for that matter.)

[ February 27, 2005, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, interesting. The Trial of Hand, Head, and Heart features prominently in the first volume of Elfquest.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

That predates Elfquest. [Smile]

Old philosophy, cf The Scarlet Letter. Each of the three principle characters is one of the three.

Otherwise known as "cognitive, affective, and behavioral." It's just less romantic to say to your loved one, "I love you cognitively, affectively, and behaviorally." Plus, "hand" bears more meaning than simply "behavioral." [Smile]

[ February 27, 2005, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You can also call it intellectual, emotional, and physical compatibility (which is what I do). [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

I prefer being either poetic or intellectual. Clarity is for lesser men than us, Twink. [Razz]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

That's so going to be my .sig on some other forum. [Cool]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, thanks anyway, but I'm a lot more perceptive, braver and .. technique-d than I used to be. [Wink] I don't tend to have such problems these days. It'd be interesting to hear, though. [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Upon reflection, I've decided not to post it. I'm in favor of being more direct and bold these days, so I shall continue to advocate just putting yourself out there and asking. I3's opinion aside, I think clarity is a good thing. [Wink]

[ February 27, 2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.