FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And There Goes My Rant

Author Topic: And There Goes My Rant
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
While it's debatable if my rant on how to garner attention was appropriate in the thread I placed it, it still took some thought to type it out and it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

And now it dwells in the place reserved for deleted threads and Pauly Shore movies.

I know I'm being crabby and have been for some time now, and I know you (Mr. Thread Owner) thought I was completely out of line for posting what I did, but friggin' stop deleting friggin' threads without friggin' warning people. If you notice, when you said you wanted it to die I didn't post in your thread any further out of respect for that. You could have at least allowed it to be referenceable.

AND FURTHERMORE, why did they cancel the live action Tick after only nine episodes?! That REALLY chaps my hide!

And why do I have to exercise, diet AND take TrimSpa X32?! What's the point of the product to begin with if not to lose weight without having to work for it!

I'm NOT happy. [Mad]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Yeah.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
(tt&t! Long time no sea!)
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I would offer hugs, but I'm not sure they would help. May I offer a drink?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Cap'n Morbo
Member # 5635

- posted      Profile for Mad Cap'n Morbo   Email Mad Cap'n Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
*grabs digital probe for online lynching party*

Arrgghh, who's the scurvy dog who'd delete such a thread...

*first mate reminds me I just deleted a thread last night*

Arrgh, er um I have a dentist appointment, I hafta go.

*slinks off*

Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it couldn't have been Jay.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Ralphie.

(searches cache)

I have your post, if you want it.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

! I do, thank you. antonia.dodge@gmail.com. Thanks, Ryuko!

El Jay - I'll take a really high quality shot of tequila, straight up, please. Danke shan.

You know, I'm not sure why I've been so cranky on Hatrack lately. I've stopped myself from posting a couple of times because the posts were just so full of piss and vinegar. I'm not all grumpy in Meat Space. Hmph.

(Although, that Tick thing does get the blood boiling.)

edit: You know I'm retired, aspectre!

[ February 18, 2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
My pleasure. [Smile]

(sent) [Big Grin]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Which one was deleted?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
AIM?

Hatrack Chat.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Which one was deleted?
It was a goofy thread, and while I'm still not happy with the deletion I understand why the person did it.

I was grumpy about losing my post. Which has been retained and may be used at a more appropriate time later.

[ February 18, 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

You talking to me?

I'm on my work computer. I am AIMless.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Pobrecita.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Ah.
Scott R
Member # 567

I'm avoiding writing more about eunuchs.

Come help me in Hatrack Chat.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, man Scott. I'd love to chat with you and I totally appreciate the invitation. I have to hop in the shower and get ready for dinner reservations at 6:30p. (Greek food and belly dancing should cheer me up!)

Rain check, my brutha?

Scott R
Member # 567

I was talking to Joe.

[Evil Laugh]

Suckah.

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
We shall have to give it a funny title, you know how weighty documents get these funny names like the cannon of whatever or the bull of whatever. There's a funnier one but I can't remember it.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AND FURTHERMORE, why did they cancel the live action Tick after only nine episodes?! That REALLY chaps my hide!

Mine, too. [Mad]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I was talking to Joe.

[Evil Laugh]

Suckah.

D'oh!

Now I'm going to go cry. Like this. [Cry]

Scott R
Member # 567

Ralphie-- I really was inviting you (and everyone) to chat.

I'm finding that since kat said I was never rude, I have become increasingly sensitive to my sarcasm.

Darn you, kat. Darn you to heck.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, Ralphie, dear, it's just one beer. More alcohol, so fewer carbs.

Edit to show better picture:
http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index3.html

[ February 18, 2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a decent ale, really, and it is the number one beer in internet sales these days...or it was a few months ago.

I love the print on the bottle, it reads like a waitress at Dick's Last Resort. [Big Grin]

[ February 18, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel moved to recite some poetry.

*ahem*

On the chest of a barmaid at Yale
Were tatooed the prices of ale
And on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Was the same information in Braille.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*spits brew on screen*

[ROFL]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, did you write that yourself? That was awesome.
quote:
And why do I have to exercise, diet AND take TrimSpa X32?! What's the point of the product to begin with if not to lose weight without having to work for it!
Did anybody else not understand how much they appreciated the absence of Anna Nicole Smith until she showed up again?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, just to fit in with everybody who's ranting (and, scrolling up, that appears to total one, and a couple concurrences, iffin' that's a word, and if it's not, it should be, but I think it is, yay run-on parenthetical thingamabobs), why does Maroon get so much notice among fans when Maybe You Should Drive and Born on a Pirate Ship are so much cooler?

And speaking of piss and vinegar, my mom drinks vinegar and honey. What the freakin' CRAP is THAT!? WHY would anybody willingly subject themselves to something that looks, smells, and tastes as putrid as that is?

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie! You watched bellydancers last night too?! How cool is that... until I saw the "greek food" part I thought you were coming to the henna party dinner, but that would've been 5:30 your time. [Wink]

*pours shot*

Dunno if you need it anymore, but heck, that's just neat. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, get some rest. I think you work too hard!

Though I can understand a lot of what you were talking about... hell, I need rest too.

*joins in drinking*

Shut up, I know I'm underage, and a goody two-shoes. This is hypothetical. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
We shall have to give it a funny title, you know how weighty documents get these funny names like the cannon of whatever or the bull of whatever. There's a funnier one but I can't remember it.
The Diet of Worms?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.