FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My apologies

Author Topic: My apologies
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
If the thread that shall not be named was offensive. *I* didn't think so (there was no nudity or anything 'dirty' that I saw) but then I'm not the owner of the site, so its not my call.
Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was offensive either, but you can never tell when some prude is going to get worked up into a huff over something meaningless.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, from respectful disagreement with acknowledgment of the host's interests to out and out disrespect and name-calling in two posts.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, would you be my attorney? I want to sue for psychic whiplash.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the use of the term "prude" is a bit harsh. I was not surprised when the thread was baleeted. It dealt with an iffy topic. If you want racy you can go elsewhere to get it. They have rules and it's their baby.

Edit to point out to Fitz our post counts. OOOOhhh pretty [Razz]

[ February 21, 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone explain what thread this was?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Look here.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Thanks. [Smile]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Fitz, you're being deliberately rude. 'Nuf said?

BookWyrm...I didn't see the original thread/post, but I appreciate your sensitivity to our hosts who are also the owners of this site. In my experience, they are pretty tolerant of what we do here in their "living room" (their words, but I think very apt). It's nice to know that people think of their feelings on things.

I think we're all guilty of crossing lines from time to time (I know I am...). It's the repeated serious violations that get people banned. I think the rest of it just makes kacard a bit sad and when it becomes too frequent or widespread, it causes the entire sponsoring group (OSC and the mods) to wonder if it's worth keeping Hatrack going.

I personally think it's worth trying to moderate ourselves so that they don't get to the point of deciding that Hatrack simply isn't worth the cost & hassle.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

quote:
Hatrack simply isn't worth the cost & hassle.
Agreed.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Well, why are you still here? [Grumble]
Fitz
Member # 4803

I'm not paying for it.
punwit
Member # 6388

If I misunderstood your intent, I apologize. It looked to me like you cherry picked a quote to make a statement of dislike concerning this message board. If that was not what you meant then I retract my earlier post.
Fitz
Member # 4803

I just thought it was kind of ridiculous for Bob to point out that I was being rude. Afterall, it was pretty obvious.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Post picking with a cherry picker...mmmmm...

edit: obvious that you were rude? yeah, I thought so too.

[ February 21, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clincher
Member # 7395

- posted      Profile for Clincher           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 8 step staircase at the front of my house. You can do double steps without 1 leg doing more work than the other, its a perfect number.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He was just making sure you knew we noticed....some people don't admit it when they are rude, and calim it is all our fault for misinterpeting. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is the first time I have been described as 'Respectful' on a message board. I've been accused of making outrageous claims, open derogatory remarks, of being a mob (though how one person constitutes a mob, I still ain't figured out), that I have a huge chip on my shoulder, but never respectful.

Thanks Dag. That made my week!

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.