FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ElJay's Oozing Negativity Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ElJay's Oozing Negativity Thread
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Silence, science-type!

[Mad]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Just sayin' is all. [Mad]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]

So, I'm off to the normal clinic this morning before going for my allergy shot. And I am seeing a new medical provider. (A nurse practitioner.) My 4th one in about 5 years.

The last one I saw twice. The one before that, once. The one before that, who was my favorite, twice.

They keep leaving.

I call up for an appointment and get told they've left the practice. The first two, actually, I got nice letters from telling me they were leaving, one to spend more time with her family, I don't remember what the other one said. But still, it was considerate.

It makes me wonder if turnover at my clinic is unusually high or what. But it bugs me.

Anyway, the point is that I'm probably going to be stuck with needles at two different places this morning, and I'm less than thrilled about it.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] [Kiss] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
And it's windy! [Grumble] And cold! [Grumble] And raining! [Grumble]
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
But not snowing! [Party]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well, maybe you wouldn't induce high turnover in all the establishments you frequent if you weren't oozing so much negativity!

[Mad]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dkw:
But not snowing! [Party]

THIS is why I live in California. It's mid-MAY!!! Not snowing is a cause for partying?!?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Well, maybe you wouldn't induce high turnover in all the establishments you frequent if you weren't oozing so much negativity!

[Mad]

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

(It's hard to make a laughing smiley using only mad smilies.)

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

What?! Oh, no you didn't! You don't say [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] to me and get away with it! I'll show you!
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh.... more cold and rain today in the lovely state of MN.

Why do I live here again???

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The lowest gas prices in the country.

---

I'm sorry about the doctor leaving (again), ElJay. Mine did that last year, and it messed up all sorts of things.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
Originally posted by KrabbyPatty:
And it's windy! [Grumble] And cold! [Grumble] And raining! [Grumble]

And my sister is using forbidden smilies in my grumpy thread!

And I feel like a pincushion, and have to go to a firedrill meeting now. BAH!

[Mad]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

It's your own fault. Your oozing negativity demands-invites-balance. Be one with the Tao.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
               [Mad] [Mad]
             [Mad] [Grumble] [Mad]
               [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid people driving overly-beefed Jeeps (I mean honestly, who needs to be driving a Jeep with a pusher bar on it in town) smashing into people. [Mad]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, I'm officially having my first site specific reaction to the shots. Before I just had general itchiness. Today the itching has been much worse, so I took off my sweater and checked. Both arms are swollen, red, and very warm at the injection site. Tender to the touch, too. And I checked at lunch, and that combined with the fact that I'm getting a lovely bruise where they drew blood made me a bit nausious. I'm such a wuss.

In a way, I'm glad I'm finally reacting, because it means I'm up to a level where the shots are engaging my immune system. But it's not exactly pleasant.

[Mad]

Sorry about your accident, ludosti. That bites.

ludosti
Member # 1772

It does bite. My poor husband, in our newer, nicer, paid-off, good gas mileage fun to drive car was smashed today. I wish it had been me in my old pickup (that's been giving me fits lately and I want to replace anyway). Smashy, smashy At least the lady was insured and her insurance company seems to be being reasonable thus far (adjuster will be out today or tomorrow to look at it and we can get quotes from 2 different shops).

I'm glad your shots are at the point where you will hopefully benefit from them, but reacting does suck.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Lord. That will be expensive to fix, won't it? It looks like they'll have to replace about 1/2 of the exterior of the car.

How hard was he hit? Do you think it bent the frame? That sucks.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

ElJay, what are you trying to get over being allergic to, again? And why? I'm allergic to September. But I'm not sure it would be worth what you're going through.

Can you take benedryl or anything? I'd think they wouldn't want you to take allergy meds. [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Yeah, we're both pretty worried about that ripple appearing under the window. It does not bode well. Since it's a little unibody car, they could possibly correct it on a frame stretcher thingy, but we won't know for sure until a shop looks at it. We'll be seeing about getting quotes as soon as we can.

He said he was hit "pretty hard", though what that means in terms of speed I'm not sure (he stopped and the Jeep accelerated into the back of him - I'd imagine that she was going 30+).

I'm hoping it's not as bad as I fear it may be, because I don't know that we want to go car shopping this weekend (with a husband that works nights on the weekend that'd be entertaining). We'd wanted to replace my truck this year, not his car. We were going to drive it forever. [Frown]

Kayla
Member # 2403

I'm not sure if I'd rather go car shopping or have the frame straightened. Do you know the Blue Book value of your car? And do you know at what percent Arizona requires the car to be totaled? (Some states have different percentages. Like if the repairs were going to cost 6,000 and the car is worth 10,000, some states would let them repair it, others require totaling the car.)

I don't like the idea of straightening a bent frame. Have they gotten better at it? For me, it just seems like the car is weaker if there's another accident. And it seems like they never do it right and there is always a window that leaks. But, trying to find a car as well cared for as the old one with the pittance they are willing to give you is impossible, too.

ludosti
Member # 1772

It's worth about 9-10k (looking at KBB and Edmunds). I'm not sure what the % is to total it. I'm hoping that the frame won't have been badly damaged, but we won't know till taking it in. The adjuster is supposed to come out today or tomorrow to look at it and they want us to get 2 quotes before they start work (which I'll try to do either today or tomorrow, depending on when the adjuster comes). *sigh*
ElJay
Member # 6358

Here's the original thread, Kayla, the whole list of allergies is about half-way down the page. I'm not gonna read it, I try not to think about it.

I can't take any sort of medication the day of the shots because it would disguise the reaction, and they have to know how strong the reaction is so they know if they should up the dose the enxt week or not.

As for why, the answer seems to be 'cause dkw and Mom guilted me into it. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything else at the moment. [Wink] Ooops, I mean [Mad]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile, here is the much, much, more amusing list of ElJay's weaknesses!

Mwuahahahahaha!

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

So, I'm assuming that you rescheduled the other doctor that you had to miss that day. How'd that go?
ElJay
Member # 6358

I don't have cancer. So it went pretty well.
ludosti
Member # 1772

O_o Well, that's good.
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Mad] I thought so.

The other appointment was for a biopsy. Not a huge deal, just a little worrying. But everything's fine.

[ May 12, 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
ludosti, sorry bout the accident.

If it helps any, I've seen (and in fact been in) much worse. My most recent incident, I was a passenger in a rental van with my mother, and a hotshot Mexicano teenager in a lowryder Olds decided to convert a marked turn lane into a high-speed bypass-the-red-light lane - right into the front door where I was sitting. We were hit hard enough where Mom was thrown into my lap. The guy left skidmarks long enough and dark enough that the police estimate he was doing about 60 in a 30 zone and in a turn lane designed to push people into the grocery store that was our intended destination. Yet the arbitration panel decided that it was Mom's fault for turning left across two lanes of fully stopped traffic and not assuming that a little <bleep> playing showoff to his girlfriend would come blasting out of practically nowhere.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Eljay! You used a smiley! You banned smilies from this thread. Remove immediately or you'll have to punish yourself!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ooops.

[Mad]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Much better! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
All these angry graemlins are making me want to say, "ARRRRRRR!"
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
My mother is blind. One of her more scatterbrained friends was driving her home Tuesday and accidentally had her get out of the car right into a big fire ant hill. She didn't come over very quickly to help either. [Mad] She has about 15 bites on one foot and apparently it is hugely red and swollen. Now she's on oral steroids which isn't good for her glaucoma. [Mad]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'm glad you're okay. [Mad]
ludosti
Member # 1772

O_o Wow Goody! I hope everyone was ok. I, too, know the [Mad] of "blame the person turning left" even if an airplane falls out of the sky.

[Mad] Theca, that should constitute criminal neglect. It's unfortunate that her ability to see is in no way connected to her ability to think....

ElJay
Member # 6358

Theca, that totally sucks. [Mad] I mean, obviously it was an accident, but how thoughtless. [Mad] [Mad]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I got off lucky, I *just* smashed my right wrist against the door and got bounced around, a bit of whiplash and aggravated my carpal tunnel. Mom had whiplash, a bruised rib, and they had to do a bunch of Doppler tests on her to make sure that there wasn't anything going on with her circulatory system, especially in her arms where she's prone to clotting (or catching the clots, whichever)

The hotshot driving scraped his cheek. The girl he was hotrodding for bashed against the windshield and had a nasty bruise. The two year old in the back seat of the Olds had a broken leg from being tossed out of his seat (I seriously doubt he was buckled in properly) and then landed on his leg funny from the rebound.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.