FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SOTG is OUT!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SOTG is OUT!!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Paperbacks are most often released about a year after the hardcover, I think.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
So if I wait to buy it in paperback I have to wait a year? That sucks! [Cry] I can't wait that long! I'll probably just borrow some money from parents to buy it with...........and then I'll need to mow lawns to pay them back...........its a win/lose situation..........
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw it in our B&N; I admit to doing a happy little jig at the acknowledgements. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you have a library in your town Steve?
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just saw it in our B&N; I admit to doing a happy little jig at the acknowledgements. [Big Grin]
Same here. I almost went up to a total stranger in Borders to show them my name in the acknowledgements.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be sure to buy it if I was in the acknowledgements. [Smile] I haven't bought any of the other Bean books yet, though, so I'll probably end up passing on this one too.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mentioned too! I haven't actually held a copy of the book yet, but someone was nice enough to copy the paragraph and send it to me.

[ February 25, 2005, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

Yes, I saw your name there, right next to mine. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Um, I don't think you know my name... [Confused]
But regardless, it's there!

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only $17.13 on Amazon
Amazon SOTG link

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to Borders today and it was out. So I told the lady it wasn't supposed to be out until the eigth. [Monkeys]

She was just like, "Yea, I'll go, um, look into that." It made me laugh.

You have no idea what a glow it gives me to know exactly that bookstore Stray bought her copy from and exactly where Megan saw it. It gave me a little bouncy feeling.

Yes, I'm bored, how did you guess?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[oh poo] This always happens. My entire collection of OSC books are paperback. Now that My reading has caught up to his writing, I will have to buy a hardcover.[/oh poo]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

neo-dragon -- I know your name now, because it was you and I (I'm mr_porteiro_head) that got credit for finding that inconsistency with Ender's Game.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Oh, I see. I didn't know that you had multiple screen names... High-five for having our names in print!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Our Barnes & Noble is being good and keeping it in the back. I asked for it and they went and got me one, but then I told them it wasn't supposed to be out yet, and said I would be virtuous and wait to buy one, and that they should tell their salespeople not to get books just because someone asked for it. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and while I was looking, I got into a conversation with another Card fan, helped her figure out where in the Shadow series she had stopped, and convinced her to get Shadow Puppets and read it this weekend so she can buy Shadow of the Giant and read it when it comes out on Tue. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Same here. I almost went up to a total stranger in Borders to show them my name in the acknowledgements.
*cough* Yeah. *whistles* I um, yeah. I sure didn't do that. *cough*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't you have a library in your town Steve?
I do, but the librarian, despite my complaints, has no OSC books in stock.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, maybe this isn't the BEST place to post this, but I do know of a great way to get hardcovers for cheap. Typically with big name authors, not all of their hardcovers are sold. In stores like Waldenbooks, the put their hardcovers on discount right around the time the paperback comes out. Often times the hardcovers sell for less than the paperbacks. Good timing got me the whole Shadow series in hardcover less than $5 each. Read it through the library now. Needless to say, I'm paying full price for this one. Of course, I didn't discoer the shadow series until after shadow puppets was out.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I guess this is going to be insensitive, but it’s not that expensive! I know I know. There are budgets and some are tighter then others, but from the talk it seems like it’s a luxury item. It’s cheaper then 2 CD’s. It’s cheaper then a dinner and a movie date. So you’re in high school and only get a $5 a week allowance. You knew it was coming out months ago, save a buck a week. You’ll have it before you know it.
So… “Magic Street” comes out in June. Start saving now. A buck a week and your OSC pot will be ready for publication date!
Not trying to stir any pots here. Just trying to say it’s not that bad. Cool? Happy saving for Magic Street too!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the cash, but I can't simply justify spending the money for a hardcover. I have no problem waiting for a paperback to appear in order to spend a more reasonable price. Plus, unless I'm desperate to find out the conclusion to a story, I'd never buy a hardcover to begin with. Far too bulky to carry around and read in public
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to get on my knees and beg would OSC come to Charlotte? We're in the same state, it's the most populous city, but he isn't coming on this tour. Why?
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan, quit whining! You can hop in the car and be in Greensboro in like, less than two hours. In fact, you may actually see me at the Greensboro signing, since I also live about 2 hrs. away.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Kristine -- how do sales to libraries sales count towards sales figures? My library says they ordered SOTG on January 19th... well, I don't know how library ordering works, maybe they won't actually PAY for the books until they're received ~March 8th... anyway, will the library's sales show up in the figures for the week of March 8th, even if the books were to arrive before March 8th?
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.