FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heloo and Goodbye, Brian Benjamin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heloo and Goodbye, Brian Benjamin
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and goodbye, Brian. [Frown]

((((romany))))

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
((((dpr))))

Godspeed, Brian.

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Romany...my sister lost her own baby just a month ago, so I can see how it must hurt. I'll keep you in my prayers.

((romany))

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry, dpr.

(((((dpr))))))

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Romany)))
I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. [Group Hug]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry for your loss [Frown] (((dpr and family)))
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]

I'm so sorry.

[Cry]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
My own words seem inadequate...

quote:
Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

- Eric Clapton
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, dpr. I'm so glad your family is there with you, though. [Frown]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, romany. I'm so sorry. You know where the Bible says "greive with those who greive"...my family and I will be doing that for your family this evening. Much love to your family.

-The Raders

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
That's so terrible. I have no words. I'm sorry for your loss, romany.

(((((romany)))))

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss.

[Frown]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I fall into the category of those who have no words.

(((romany family)))

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. Every word means so much to me.

Elizabeth, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you my address.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this yesterday.
[Cry]
((Romany family))

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
romanylass, you have all my best wishes and warm thoughts. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so very, very sorry dpr. I'm glad you have support you can draw on.

(((((romany)))))

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mourning your terrible loss and sending more prayers for you and your family...

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this doesn't bother anyone, but it just felt wrong to let this slip away so quickly. dread pirate romany posts here a lot, and the fact that she told us the day it happened means that we are very important to her. I just wanted her to know that she is important to us, as well.

I'm still thinking about you, dpr. I fear that anything words of comfort I could say would sound trite or patronizing, except that I pray you'll find your way through this journey to a peaceful end.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There have been many other treads about babies recently, all of them (appropriately) with a different tone. Thank goodness we have happy news as well, but I wonder if this place is too stark a reminder for romanylass right now?

(((dpr)))

Edit: Amka, thank you so much for bumping this back up. I didn't mean this post as a criticism -- I've just been musing on whether to write her (which I think would be a good idea) and noting how many reminders there may be here. *sigh

[ March 02, 2005, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't post on this the first time around, because I just didn't think there was anything I could say.

I will say, dpr, you are in my prayers, and I sincerely hope that you are taking comfort in the love and support of your family and church, and know that we love and support you too, as much as we are able to.

(((dpr)))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

I know it is not a criticism, CT. I think I bumped it specifically because of the other news on the board, and I want dpr to know that it hasn't made us forget her.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I was thinking that it was an excellent way to handle it, Amka. My hat is off to you.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want dpr to know if she sees this that our family are still praying for and "mourning with" her and her family.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been too busy to read the site, so I just discovered this now.

[Frown]

((((romany))))

I'm so very sorry.

[Frown]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka, that is very sweet. You all mean so much to me.

I admit, right now I am popping in, reading this thread and leaving. I know that sounds selfish and as time goes on I will branch back out into all the normal stuff. So I haven't read any of the other baby threads, but my congratulations to anyone who has head or is expecting one. I'm sorry I'm too "involved" in this right now to really be here for others.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Again, thanks for all the prayers and warm wishes.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

I'm sorry for your loss. The above always helps me when I'm sad.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

We don't expect you to be here for others, romany. By no means do we think you are being selfish.

We only expect you to take what support we can give you right now.

Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Love and prayers from Mrs. Sopwith and I, our deepest sympathies go to you and yours.

Wish we could be there to provide the hugs and tears for real.

((romany and family))

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Amka is so right, please don't think what you're doing is selfish or in any way not appropriate.

You need to grieve, and heal,and that is all you should expect out of yourself right now.

Just know we do care, and we want you to ease back into hatrack only when you feel ready.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Update: It has been a little more than a week now. This is so hard. I always thought one thing I could never survive was the death of one of my kids but well, I have no choice, I have three living kids who need me. A lesson I would have rather not have to learn.

I start counseling today; I hope that helps.

Moms and dads greive differently. IN the last week my husband has cleaned, re-arranged, repaired things that have sat broken for months, and shredded 20 years of old documents. Wore out one shredder and bought another to finish the job. Me, I pretty much just cry. I think it would be easier for *me* if he would cry sometimes, but I have to be there for him, where and how he is.

The kids, wow, the greive erratically. Go a few days sometimes without crying, then break down. Matthew (almost 8) doesn't like us to talk about the baby and tells me "not to think about it because it makes you sad". He wants to return to normal routines in a few days...hard, but I think they really need it.

The memorial is the 19th.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Your husband is crying, in his own way.

I'm sorry for your loss and Brian's as well - I hope you find the peace you need and the peace Brian already knows.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
((drp and family))

Thanks so much for letting us know how you're doing. I've thought of you and your family so often this last week. I wish I were there to give you all a real hug.

space opera

edit: dpr, would you mind if we all got together and sent some flowers for the memorial? I know that some many of us are hurting for you, but we can't be there. Maybe by sending flowers in some small way we can be.

[ March 08, 2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how I never saw this thread until now, but somehow I missed it completely...

I am so sorry for your loss. MY prayers will be with you and your family...

((((dpr & family))))

Nicole [Cry]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry for your loss. [Frown]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, DPR! That's so horrible...I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for you. (((DPR)))

May good spirits comfort you in your time of grief.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Au Revoir, Brian Benjamin.

(((dpr and family)))

Somehow I missed this thread. I feel for you, and will keep you in my thoughts.

[Frown]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

T Medina- KNow you are right. It helps to rmind myself that he was raised to be strong and I am positive one of the things his dad told him when he called was to "take care of Jenna".

Space Opera- that would be very touching. We had not even begun to think about flowers. We have no idea how to plan all this. Luckily we see the pasto next week ( she is in Haiti right now) and she'll walk us through it, but this is her first memorial too.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to butt in or give unwanted advice, but something that helped my cousins when their little brother was stillborn was to draw pictures for him. The pictures were displayed at the memorial, and then put away and saved in a special box with the things that had been made or bought specifically for him and were too painful to look at. The box went in the attic, so whenever they (or thier parents) need to look at it, they can go and remember him, but no one has to who doesn't want to. The picture-drawing made them feel like they were contributing or doing something to help, and also provided an outlet for their grief. (I think one was a picture by the oldest of the baby in heaven; another was just a pretty flower the younger girl drew, and the youngest just scribbled, but his pictures were labeled with what he told his mom about them: "The baby doesn't have to cry, he's safe now" was the most memorable.) Their father is a minister, I don't know where he got the idea, but it really seemed to help them and make them feel included, and putting them away afterwards with some ceremony provided an extra sense of closure that the youngest two didn't really get from the service.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
dpr, a thread has been started for flowers. When more arrangements are made, perhaps you can e-mail me with the information. I *don't* want to make this harder on you. It's just that I know so many of us are hurting for you and it's one tiny thing that we can do to show how much we care for you and what you're going through. [Group Hug]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Still thinking of you and your family, sweetie.

[Group Hug]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

kq, that's a good idea, I'll do that.

Space Opera..thank you, so much, and all of you for your love and support.

DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
DPR,

I also did not see this thread until just now. I'm so sorry for your loss, and the tough times ahead for your family. I hope the knowledge of friends who care about you and your family will help you attain some peace down the road.

Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
So sad. [Frown]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Dropped something in the mail for you, dear. Hang in there.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((((romany))))
[Frown]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.