FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDana Con: Are you riding with AJ? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BobNDana Con: Are you riding with AJ?
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely coming, AJ...but nothing is *ahem* firm. Which station would be easiest for you?

Aurora
Bloomington
Bloomington Amtrak (B)
Cairo
Carbondale
Champaign
Chicago
Chicago 95th & Dan Ryan
Chicago Amtrak (B)
Chicago Cumberland Ave
Chicago Heights
Danville
De Kalb
Decatur
Effingham
Elgin
Elizabeth
Freeport
Galena (B)
Galesburg
Il St Univ (B)
Joliet
Kankakee
La Salle
Marion
Markham
Mattoon
Moline
Monmouth (B)
Mt Vernon
Ottawa (B)
Peoria Arpt
Pontiac (B)
Princeton (B)
Quincy
Rantoul
Rockford
Skokie
Springfield
Stockton (B)
Vandalia
Vienna
Waukegan

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I didn't know there was a Cairo, IL. Is this Greyhound or Amtrak? I suspect I'll give you the same directions as Plaid, get the bus into Union Station (probably the "Chicago Amtrak" location, but I'm not sure) Then take the Metra light rail system out to Arlington Heights.

(The "Cumberland" one would probably be my second choice though I'd need to see exactly where it is on a map too. Do you have a link?)

Plaid, yes, I'd tell you to just wait an hour and take the next Metra train (it's a train not a bus), if your bus is late. I'll e-mail you with my cell number. Anyone else who doesn't have it, tell me so I can e-mail it to you. (Frisco do you still have it from KamaCon?)

AJ

[ March 17, 2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ -- when we get to Arlington Heights station, where do we go? Like, is it a small enough station that we'll walk off the platform and you'll be right there and you'll know it's us?
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yep, it's a small enough station that I'll probably be pulled up in the waiting area in my my white minivan, waiting for the train. If it's a nice enough day I'll park and get out, otherwise I won't. If you meet up with stray and fugu they already know what I look like. If you are on the next train here's a fairly recent picture. My haircut is now somewhere in between the two shown. http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/ajspictures/haircut/haircut.htm
There are also some kama con pictures of me floating around at foobonic.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

You'll probably be able to guess who I am by my luggage and the lost look on my face, but I'm tall, skinny, dark hair, late 30s, and scruffy looking.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, AJ, check your email. [Smile]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I did, I already gave Ben the addy.

See you soon!
AJ

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
It's this week!

I should probably tell work I'll be gone.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
And check your e-mail.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yeah sorry, I didn't check it all weekend until last night.

AJ

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Done. [Smile] *laughs* I've been outed as checking Hatrack before e-mail.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering I sent it after 9 last night, no apology is necessary. [Big Grin]

(Edit -- that was to AJ)

[ March 28, 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And the groomsmaid found a seamstress in her own town to make her dress.
[ROFL]

That's what you think!

[Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bump* You (Kat) aren't arriving til 9pm? Good, I'll have time to run some errands before you arrive.

AJ

[ March 31, 2005, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

plaid
Member # 2393

stray and fugu -- I passed through Union Station today (I'm in Madison now) and picked up a Metra ticket for Friday, so I won't need a ticket and can just meet y'all and go right over to the Metra station. (The bus I'll be on stops at Canal St. right outside of Union Station, so as long as the bus is on time, I should be able to get off the bus, grab my luggage, and meet y'all within a minute or two.)
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, plaid, you're in Madison? What're you doing for lunch?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool, plaid [Smile] We'll still be waiting inside the Madison St. exit of Union Station, as stated in the email a few days ago. See you there!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Tom -- already spoken for, sorry. But I'm liking Madison and I'll definitely be up here again for another visit (next time I wanna see the House on the Rock!)
BannaOj
Member # 3206

leaving to pick up kat now!

AJ

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"next time I wanna see the House on the Rock!"

You'd be amazed how many horrible, horrible anecdotes start with that line.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

"horrible, horrible"?

Now, that's a comment that's begging for elaboration. More!

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Banna's caravan is all gathered at her house. We have a few more things to do, but plan on heading out before three.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* There there. It's alright.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
me [Cry] too.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
See y'all soon!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
someone at AJs better tell those puppies I love them!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.