FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is there anyone... (A Pretty Sweet Hatrack Game) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is there anyone... (A Pretty Sweet Hatrack Game)
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the idea:

Someone asks a question, like "Is there anyone here that is using a computer older than their oldest child?" or "Is there anyone here eating a Soy Hot Dog?" The first person to answer the question asks the next. Pretty easy, eh? Let's see.

A couple rules before we start. 1)You have to answer definitively. No half answers. 2)If the question goes unanswered for two hours, there must be a new question asked by the first person to notice the two hour gap. 3) Questions should be answerable, for example don't ask "Has anyone here been to the Moon?" 4) Answers can't be just "YES!" Answers must be a full sentence so we know what you're answering to.

First question:

Is there anyone on Hatrack that had chocolate for breakfast?

[ March 04, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Question about this....the next person who answers yes to the question, right?)))
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Of course! [Smile]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes !
Is there anyone here that is addict to either The Sims 2 or Morrowind ?

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

bump
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but SimCity yes.

Is there anyone here who likes sleeping 25 hours a day bsides me, and gets held up awake due to work/school and Hatrack?

[ March 03, 2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!

Is there anyone else that thinks Disney World is better run than the US?

[ March 03, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
totally.

Is there anyone who thinks Bush is a Martian robot?

[ March 03, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I have my suspicions.

Is anyone else a procrastinator?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.

Is there anyone here who speaks Welsh?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats, I was going to answer yes to the procrastinator question, but I didn't get around to it.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

[ROFL]
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I know a good...3 or 4 words.

Anyone here ever actually get their mouth washed out with soap as a kid?

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

No, but I did once taste soap out of curiosity (cause of the movie A Christmas Story).

Anyone else have homework to do?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

[EDIT] Dah! Too late!

[ March 03, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, I gotta test the VPN when I get home

Is there anyone here who has actually uttered a stream of profanity at a "customer service" person over the phone?

[ March 03, 2005, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: The Pixiest ]

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I was tempted to.

Is there anyone here who watched She-ra as a child? [Smile]

[ March 03, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: unicornwhisperer ]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Yes, and He-man too! And my brother and I had all the toys for both.

Is anyone eating dinner alone tonight?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. [Frown]

Does anyone like the movie "The Last Dragon"?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

( *hugs* Dag...me too! )
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes..
Does anyone know how much fun it is to take out your entire companies(9,000 plus employees) e-mail and internet?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I do that daily. (usually because I'm working on it)

Does like the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack? And has never actually played the game?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I love the MechWarrior 2 Sountrack! I used to play it in my CD Player.

Is there anyone that went to the dentist in the last week?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Late one: One of my future teachers' father. (Welsh.)

I evaded going to the dentist.

Is anyone tired besides me?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I'm exhausted.

Anyone else trying to get away from the computer at this very moment? (in other news, have a nice evening, Hatrack!)

scottneb
Member # 676

((Aside)I found a site that has the MechWarrior 2 soundtrack and I just remembered how much I love track 10!)
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Scott: Ya! I think that one is my fav up there with number 5.

Post the link!

scottneb
Member # 676

Link

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I'm trying to get off the PC.

Does anyone else believe they will fall asleep before the button "Post" is clicked upon?

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the person should have to answer (truthfully) yes to the question to get to ask the next one. None of this halfway crap.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Agreed
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. (zzzzzzzzz....)

Is anyone else disgusted by the fact that there are now televisions everywhere, such as in the bank and in the self-service lanes at the gas station?

Edit: typo.

[ March 03, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: arevoj ]

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeeminy christmas, YES!!!!

Is there anyone there that had wine and cheese for dinner tonight?

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I waited forever in the gas line while this idiot watched Oprah while pumping regular unleaded.

Is there anyone else here who thought Deb in Napoleon Dynamite was incredibly cute?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[DIGRESSION]

I also think it shouldn't be opinion questions. No "do you think" questions, but more like "does anyone have three sisters?" or "did you have wine and cheese for dinner tonight?" like Shan just asked.

[/DIGRESSION]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!!! She is soooo adorable.

Has anyone else watche "Viva Las Vegas" and "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas" back to back?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

New rules in first post.
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here have a pair of pink high heels?
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
[DIGRESSION THE SECOND]

I also think it would be cool if the answerer had to respond in a complete sentence, so you could figure out what they're responding to!

Awesome game!

[/DIGRESSION]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but I only wear my pink high heels in the shower whilst shaving my legs. (actually they're my wife's pink high heels...don't tell!)

Is there anyone here who has seen a UFO?

[ March 04, 2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have seen a UFO. I have seen something flying, and I didn't know what it was. By definition, it was an UFO.

Has anybody read every single Hugo or Nebula award winning novel?

edit: Either all Hugo or all Nebula counts.

[ March 04, 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: AntiCool ]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
Pursuant to rule #2 above, two hours have now passed and, therefore, a new question should be put forth:

Does anybody else here have 46 minutes (and counting) before work is OVER for the day?

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

More than two hours have passed and on to the next question:

Is there anyone here that is using Windows 98 or lower?

Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, yes. My antique Compaq struggles along on Win98. [Frown]

I hope no one is using a pre-98 OS, is anyone?
Or anyone still using MS Explorer as a web browser?

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I do from lack of my own machine to run Mozzilla. [Frown]

Does anyone else have a big test they should be studying for this weekend?

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Physics exam that I should be studying for on Thursday.

Is anyone waiting for a college acceptance letter?

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been over 2 hours.

Is anybody else ashamed that they are looking forward to the next Star Wars movie?

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, i am very ashamed to be looking forward to the next one.

Did anyone eles spend most of the day outside due to exelent weather instead of doing work/schoolwork?

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
If I understand the rules, our answer doesn't have to be Yes. It only has to be an answer, am I correct?

So that would be a big "NO" I spent all day indoors reading SOTG, msotly standing up because my youngest thinks that if I sit down it is an offer to nurse- which gave the whole book an added dimension for me.

Is anyone else learning to play the piano?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes! I went for a long, unnecessary walk, and did not do much necessary homework.

Anyone else do a whole lot of laundry this weekend?

Edit: Bah! Too slow! Never mind...

[ March 05, 2005, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.