FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's official - we have a blob (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's official - we have a blob
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
It was hard to tell the top from the bottom. But somewhere near the middle of that blob we saw a tiny, perfect, beating heart. I felt my husband's kiss on my temple as the tech turned up the sound and we heard it, as familiar, urgent, and mysterious as a horse's galloping hooves. I didn't realize until then that I'd held my breath for over 4 weeks.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant. [Smile]

space opera

[ March 07, 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adam613
Member # 5522

- posted      Profile for adam613   Email adam613         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 2580 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! And may he or she grow healthy and strong.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoopee!!!!

[The Wave]

our prayers for you and a healthy pregnancy....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((SO))))) [The Wave]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh My Goodness! Congratulations! [Smile] [Big Grin]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah! Ya-a-ay! (((((Operas))))) That's fantastic! Yay! Congratulations!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Be fruitful and multiply the meme that is Hatrack.

Um... I meant congratulations. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*offers virtual pickles and ice cream*
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! That gave me chills!!

[Group Hug]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wowee! Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's never too early to start signing -- and singing -- to your blob.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations!

I found a blob too. But it was in my nose and I had to get rid of it. Yours is much cooler! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone! Baby is due around October 16th.

My OB says everything looks great and that the risk of a loss significantly lessens after cardiac activity has been confirmed, which was of course great news to us.

The funny part is that they want you to have a full bladder for the ultrasound. I have a *tiny* bladder, even when not pregnant, but went ahead and followed the instructions. By the time we got there I had been holding 32 ounces of water for 90 minutes and was close to tears because I had to go so badly. The doc took one look at me and sent me to the bathroom. She said to ignore the instructions next time. [Big Grin]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

That's awesome!

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. [Big Grin]

Hope all goes well. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetheart, major congrats to you!

I know that feeling, that anxious waiting to confirm that heartbeat, and the absolute flood of relief and joy. [Smile]

I'm so glad to hear all is well.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby opera!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
May the powers that be and all other helpful things stand with you and your child. Congratulations

Shepherd

Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
*Dances* Congrats!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
<silliness>

You know, if it's a boy, you could name him Tommy.

And then he'd be Rock Opera.

</silliness>

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is an Operatic announcement!

[Party]

May you both be healthy.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

(((((Space Opera and growing family)))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Hat]

Just remember: it ain't over till you sing. [Razz]
Morbo

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Congrats. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Mormo did you just call her fat?
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
*defensive*
Only because her alias has Opera...
Morbo

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*snicker* Anyone implying Opera is in the same ballpark as "fat" has never met the lady.

In a few months, she may be substantial enough to actually cast a shadow. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, hooray!

Let me know if you are still interested in some maternity AnniePants. I'd be more than willing.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

What are you going to name the blob?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Bloberetta!
Space Opera
Member # 6504

We've decided on Dorothy for a girl. I like it because it's unusual, and it was Mr. Opera's grandmother's name, whom he loved dearly. She passed away while he was in high school. No clue on the middle. As for a boy name, it will be a fight to the death. Mr. Opera and I have *completely* different opinions on what a good boy's name is. And no, we're not going to find out the gender.

Morbo, I shall be gloriously fat! I've actually got a quite noticeable belly already though I've only gained about a pound and a half. I think it's the combo of being thin to begin with and the fact that it's my third child. I can try to sing during labor, but it's possible that I might scream instead. Does that still count?

Annie, I would love maternity Annie pants. I'll try and pick up some capris next week to send to you.

space opera

Hobbes
Member # 433

Personally I'm a fan of the name: "The Blob", or possibly: "the Blob II: Return of the Blob."

Then again most kids probably wouldn't remember his/her name at school...

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dorothy is a fabulous name. [Smile]

<---- loves grandma names

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your kid's successful gastrulation!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- Proud Father of a daughter with two grandma names.

Sophia Rose

And I believe that I'm not the only proud father of a beautiful girl with that name on this board. [Smile]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter's name is Emma Rose. Mine is after a song, though, not a grandma. [Smile]

Rose is a lovely middle name, though, for sure.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congrats, SO! Take care of yourselves!
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz. One new Jatraquero on the way.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

My sister has two grandma names...hers make a rather unfortunate name for a child though. Viola Bessie.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.