FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jamie's not feeling good. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jamie's not feeling good.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with quid about the birth control. If it's causing you to spot or have periods between periods than you need a different type or a different dose of hormones (if it's the pill).

I hope you feel better soon. [Frown]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The hormone that causes ligament and joint stretchiness during pregnancy is relaxin. Since it's produced by the corpus luteum, which should be gone if a period has started, it would be odd if that were the culprit, neh? [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Not in me, rivka. I have irregular hormone levels, and have always had. And there's pretty much nothing normal about my body and its reactions.

As far as for other people, well, sure, no problem! I can agree with that given my lack of concrete knowledge about it. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

It's been a while since I reviewed hormones and their feedback interactions and stuff . . . but the corpus luteum decays in 10-14 days, unless pregnancy occurs.

Also, while the stretchiness from relaxin was sometimes uncomfortable, I don't think it causes the kind of pain you're describing. Not my field, but my layperson guess would be that it's another culprit. *shrug* Sympathy regardless! [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime any of you wants to wave a magic wand to make the pain go away, I'm totally game.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*attempts*

Bibbity bobbity SHOOOOO!

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*adds attempt at wave wanding to rivkas*

*remembers those days*

*decides the hysterectomy was really a blessing in a disguise*

*gingerly hugs mack and offers a cup of mild chamomile tea with a spot of lemon and honey*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
All I know is that, for me, it occurs only during my period, and the ob-gyn has confirmed it's female hormone related, although I don't remember details, so whether it's that one or another one, I have no idea.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she threw up again in the night, and woke up this morning still feeling like poo (however, she admitted to feeling like slightly higher quality poo, but poo nonetheless).

[ March 10, 2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck guys - I hope you get it figured out soon.

And T - just a note...not many people want to eat after having their stomach turned inside out. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK I'm getting better. I slept till two, got up, tottered over to the bathroom and got a shower (mmmmm). I'm now plunked on the couch and don't really intend on moving. But at least I'm UPRIGHT and not writhing in pain.

Poor Nathan, I don't know if I'll ever allow him to make pad thai again.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you are better. Wonderful that you had Theca here.

(Wonderful-er that you had Nathan there!)

PS: any symptoms of a urinary tract infection, offhand? Frequent small amounts, burning, urgency? Unlikely, but I was just worried about urosepsis, too.

[ March 10, 2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Huzzah! Nathan did a good job of taking care of me, as long as I pretend he didn't ask me if I wanted something to eat RIGHT after I threw up. [Wink]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Pad Thai. No way I'm not making it again, theres more rice noodles and sauce! And it was sooooo easy!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Hmm. I don't think so. It doesn't hurt to pee, though a lot of the time, five minutes later, I have to go again, just a bit. I never got a temp though. Today it's my lower abdomen and lower back that hurt.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
feel better jamie!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

You going to see somebody about this, or wait awhile? If you do see a physician (or PA or NP), I'd think about requesting they do a spot urine sample, just in case.

It's kind of the traditional newlywed issue.

*averts eyes discreetly, changes subject

So, um, yeah. No fever is a very good thing, eh? [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*snort*

I suspect that as well, but I've never HAD one. No burning when I pee either. I'm also menstruating, so that'd throw off the sample anyway. Bleah. The abdominal pain might be because of the menstruation. Stupid uterus! If I'm not better by tomorrow (I mean, I've gotten worse or haven't been able to keep down some decent food), I'll give the doc a call. I will be calling about the BC though, 'cause two periods a month really isn't my idea of a good time.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Oddly enough, UTIs aren't always painful when you pee. Mind you, any I've had always made me sit up and take notice, but that isn't always the case. And lower back pain with abdominal pain at this particular time just raises a red flag.

If Nathan pounds you lightly on your lower back a few inches to either side of the spinal column, does this feel good or bad? (kidneys are there)

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Lower back pain with a period could also mean endometriosis, right? My hips and lower back always felt sore every time I had a period.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Um, bad. I threatened him, then punched him in the arm.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Mack, I recommend this: Scroll down to the pictures.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL] I want one of those shirts!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Smile] Sorry, limited edition print made by two of my friends in concert. I loves them.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Well, you know, I'm a big fan of using your healthcare insurance when you need it, if you have it. [Smile]

I trust you will take good care of yourself.

mackillian
Member # 586

Yes, I just dunno exactly what's up. [Smile]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamGodJeff
Member # 7457

- posted      Profile for JamGodJeff   Email JamGodJeff         Edit/Delete Post 
come on. it's uterUS not uterYOU
Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
If you really want one of shirts, you can copy the picture from the website and print it on iron on paper.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Yeah, that's how we made them. I could probably get the original picture for you, so you wouldn't have to use the one in the picture.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.