FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Kitten Born With Two Faces dies. (March 8-March 11, 2005)

Author Topic: A Kitten Born With Two Faces dies. (March 8-March 11, 2005)
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.news4jax.com/family/4268157/detail.html

complete with picture, and video goodness.

The cat is weird looking, fair warning.

[ March 16, 2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Poor kitty...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily W
Member # 7504

- posted      Profile for Emily W   Email Emily W         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow.

Itā€™s adorable and grotesque at the same time.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In another era, people would be barricading their windows and rushing to church, screaming about the end times.

[ March 10, 2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Another era nothing, Tom! [Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so strange!

Ditto - poor kitty.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the name, "Deuce." What a sweetie!

I also loved this pair of lines, which was the first part of the article that I read:
quote:
The kitten has two mouths, two noses and four eyes. She immediately called her veterinarian.
[Big Grin]

Pretty dang smart kitten.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Milk that kittie for all it's worth!
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how the mama cat will react.

And I've read this is at least as common in cats as in humans. Not that it's that common, but it's not like it hasn't happened before. The "Never, never" comment was a bit much.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like one of the mouths isn't really there, or can't open. The article said it's only nursing with the one mouth. I suppose since there's probably only one stomach, and definitely only a single circulatory system, the whole body will be nourished anyway. And hey, if the momma cat's letting it nurse, maybe it has a chance.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I've read this is at least as common in cats as in humans. Not that it's that common, but it's not like it hasn't happened before. The "Never, never" comment was a bit much.
That's an understatement. With all the close breeding of domestic animals, such mutations are common enough to find multiple instances. They usually don't live past birth, however. In the past, such animals were purposefully put down if they did survive.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's not so utterly unusual. It's been several years, but I did once see a pig with a similar condition.

The poor thing didn't live very long.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't seen this thread. I feel sorry for the poor kitty and I hope it can live a normal life.

Or as normal as it can possibly get....

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Kitten put to Sleep.

It looks like they put him to sleep last friday.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, poor kitty. [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, that's so sad. [Frown]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
OH! [Frown] He was much cuter after having dried off and grown more fur too [Frown] poor lil critter.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
poor little bugger.
I salute you!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.