FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why I want to be a librarian (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why I want to be a librarian
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom has always wanted to be a librarian. She took a course on Library Science, and it was fascinating, but she was making good money in her field (accountant technician) and didn't have the moxie to make a switch this late in her life. I think she will become a library tech after she retires, though.

I love love love the smell of books. I love working at the Bookstore and helping people find good reading or research materials.

On post we have a tiiiiny underfunded library, but wonderful (wonderful!) librarians. In town (less than a mile from my house) there is a beautiful, spacious library with hateful mean librarians. One guess as to which library I go to.

[Smile]

People really do make the difference.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats! I killed the librarian thread!

*pout*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you need to have a legitimate reason to buy that Orlando Bloom poster. I mean, the legitimate reason for anyone who buys it is, of course, that it promotes reading. Right? Why else would anyone buy a nice, big poster of Orlando Bloom? [Wink]
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.