FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Windows Garageband Equivalent?

Author Topic: Windows Garageband Equivalent?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know any Windows program that's similar to Mac's Garageband?

Basically a program with a library of high quality musical sounds that I can toss together to use for making a soundtrack?

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a fairly basic one with a 10 track limit, Sony has a free version of ACID. You can get it at acidplanet.

The full fledged version has more features.

The only problem with the free version of ACID is it doesn't really come with a library of sounds so you will have to track those down yourself.

Another good one is Adobe Audition. I think you can get a 30 day trial from them. When I got my trial it came with a very large sound library but it is all in .cel format and I don't know if that is compatible with any other software. They are mp3 files encoded with looping information.

I have used both of these pieces of software and they are both pretty good (though pricey for the full versions).

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Garageband loops may work in ACID.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, solo.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I can;t seem to figure out this ACID thing.
I am looking for a site for my son to get some chords to play along to, as we don't have a tape recorder. My husband found a 12 bar blues thingy, but it would be nice to have more.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.