FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Women -- Enter Here, Please (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Women -- Enter Here, Please
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope that's not the subject of your new website. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll need a password for the Secret Section, provided you have a complete Intelligence-style psychological diagnosis; you (both physically and on the net) and your computer actions will be monitored at all times while on the Secret Section - by armed military.

If you can provide money for that - OK.

[ April 02, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on that empathy, Jonathon. It's not easy to develop, and judging photos won't help.

Spider Robinson says, "The first thing you realize when you discover true empathy is that your brothers and sisters are starving to death. And that hurts." [Angst] [Frown]

Or, in this case, growing their hair and refusing to share.

If you want to develop empathy, Jonathon, try to figure out why they are reluctant to share photos on this thread.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you want to develop empathy, Jonathon, try to figure out why they are reluctant to share photos on this thread.
Very, very keen, Morbo. [Cool]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm... Fetish Conspiracy(TM)?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Na, not that.

But, maybe it's because they think that it's either ineffective, or that there are better places to acquire empathy?

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
What? I'm not involved in a Fetish Conspiracy. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Wrong smiley. So what's your belief?
beverly
Member # 6246

There is something about a guy asking a bunch of girls for photos--any photos, that is creepy.

Empathize with that. [Cool]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

It does sound quite outrageous... Come to think about it...

*Contemplates thought.*

beverly
Member # 6246

Tip: You'd do far better to read threads that discuss female-perspective topics. Ask questions if you have them. Listen carefully. I think you will learn a lot that way.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so confused. You're trying to develop empathy and understanding for me, as a woman, by looking at a picture of my hair? [Confused]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Not precisely, and I'm not paraphrasing...
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. So basically you've created a very long confusing intial post that you don't wish to clarify. You're going on my top 10 weirdo list now. [Wink] Listen to bev, by the way.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I am. And I did try to clarify several times...

*Note: work on language skills.*

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey J,

Empathy. If you were empathetic, you would realize that by "refusing to paraphrase" (read: make any damned sense) you are not showing any empathy what soever. An empathetic person would sense the lack of understanding and try their damndest [sic] to make sure they understood. Rephrasing, paraphrasing or simplifying terminology are great places to begin. God help us if you're going to be a teacher.

And another thing; I'm not very easily creeped out, but this thread is absolutely dripping with Peeping Tomesque effedupitude (Lexicon? Who needs it- I make it up myself!)

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So I need common grounds with virtually any woman. As it's happening now (according to stereotype, that are statistically true were I live and interact), women are centred around clothes, cellphones and hair.
from the 1st post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jonathon, but you seem to be seeking some commonality with women. Perhaps to have stuff to chat about. Not the same thing as empathy.

Also, "women are centred around clothes, cellphones and hair" is just, really laughable, and absurdly patronizing. I chat with a few girls online, and can't recall ever discussing any of those three topics at length. Same with girls in RL.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Obsession with hair? Freudian slip? Projecting his own obsession on others? Hmmmm...
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
Also, "women are centred around clothes, cellphones and hair" is just, really laughable, and absurdly patronizing. I chat with a few girls online, and can't recall ever discussing any of those three topics at length. Same with girls in RL.
Lucky bugger...

Oh, and Primal Curve - psychoanalysis sucks. Move over to behaviourism, as long as you stop Skinnering me!

[ April 05, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.