FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shocking Confessions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shocking Confessions
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I admit it! I took unholy joy in placing my icicle-cold hands on my son's bare back when he asked for a backrub. The squeal was worth it.

[Evil]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I love doing that to people, Shan. I'm such a jerk.

Is it my turn now? I already registered for baby things and my mother bought me a Ferragamo diaper bag.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ate two Swiss cake rolls and I'm seriously considering eating two more.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M - I think we need a link to understand the true gravity of the Ferragamo diaper thingy . . . [Big Grin]

*ponders the options of Girl Scout cookies available in the freezer*

*waits eagerly for other shocking confessions*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm nearly done with the fourth Swiss cake roll. They are in sets of two, so I couldn't eat just one, of course.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh I must confess, 3 weeks ago, I had a friend who went to a party with me, I told him to behave. He ignored me and became intoxicated. I took great pleasure in knocking on his front door at 2 in the morning while holding him in one arm and the remains of his bottle of gin in the other. His mother answered the door and i said, "I believe these belong to you." and handed his dumb butt and a quarter bottle of gin over. All his mom asked was, "did he do that by himself" while looking at the bottle. I answered yes and went home.

Now I feel like a snitch...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It was that or leave him by the side of the road, wasn't it? The bottle might have been unnecessary, but it's not like his mom didn't need to know he was drunk and might choke on his own vomit.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I killed a hooker then snorted coke off her.
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Gin? Ick, nasty stuff.

But when you're that far gone, it's best to have someone who can look in on you.

Even if she takes a particularly evil joy in your hangover the next morning. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
stryker, that wasn't the first time his mother had seen him that way, was it? (I'm assuming who you mean though, so i have no clue)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL yes well he was supposed to stay at my house that night, but I wasn't about to get in trouble for getting my 15 year old friend drunk, especially when he did it on his own....

edit: yep, it was

[ April 10, 2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, OKAY!!!!!!! I admit it. I was up till 6:00 this morning here, just lurking; no posting, and reading When the Wind Blows by James Patterson. Are you happy now? I made my confession!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm plotting to build a ten-million-man army and take my revenge on Russia for its repeated humiliations of the Dragon Throne. Not to mention reclaiming all those lovely Siberian resources.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I ordered dinner tonight, even though I had food at home, simply because I had a caffeine headache and no Coke, and I didn't want to go out.

To the convenience store 2 minutes away.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
i am very ashamed so don't yell at me! i didn't do my math homework for 3 weeks straight
Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
At the gym today, I did only 15 V-ups instead of 30. *embarassed*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pregnant.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really human.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, wait. Were these supposed to be true confessions, or only shocking confessions?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Were it true, ElJay, I would be shocked.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's open to interpretation.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I took a four-hour nap this afternoon.

I am absolutely appalled at myself.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Big Grin]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I am also shocked at ElJay. Shocked, I tell you! Not about the baby, but about her knowing dirty jokes. [No No] [Wink] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL]

I used to know some doozies, but it's been awhile. I'll have to see if I remember any...

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I want to hear the dirty jokes, too. Once again, I am appalled at myself. [Blushing] And yes, I do blush a nice flaming hot red. Darn German cheeks. *shakes fist )
ElJay
Member # 6358

I blush, too, but it's kinda unpredictable. I will happily tell you dirty jokes any time. *waggles eyebrows*
Teshi
Member # 5024

If you tell dirty jokes I may have to plug my completely virgin ears and hum to myself should I hear anything my flowers and bunnies personality can't handle.

[Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, I promise not to tell them to you, Teshi. I wouldn't want to shock you. [Wink] You might think I'm a horrible person and never speak to me again.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I might break down in tears. You never know. I'm just that delicate.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*swoons gracefully

Edit: Hey, I got one! I almost got into a barfight. [Big Grin]

[ April 10, 2005, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Exactly. You'll have to break out the smelling salts in order to revive me.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Hey, I got one! I almost got into a barfight.
I think I'd pay money to see that.
mackillian
Member # 586

Wow. As would I. Good lord, I wonder what someone would have do to push Sara that far. [Eek!]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
And, if pushed, I wonder what sort of severe beating she would administer to the pusher...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Note: Pack smelling salts, in case my corseness offends Teshi's delecate sensibilities.

So, CT, what do we have to promise to get the barfight story out of you?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Oh man, it was a hoot!

We were travelling back from Miami, and it was me, my husband, and our boss tucked in the corner of one of those airport bars. We were half-blocking the aisle, and so I asked a guy at the counter if he would mind if I moved the empty barstool next to him just down a foot or two (to clear a fire exit line, although I didn't say that).

He said "no" and pulled the chair closer to him. There was a sort of hand gesture toward some guy standing behind the bar who was turned away.

The guy on the stool looked to be over six feet, built like a lumberjack, with a totally square upper body and a big, thick black mustache. He smelled of beer, even though it wasn't yet noon.

I said something like "oh, okay," and wiggled our chairs and luggage around to sort of clear a space.

I sighed, loud and heavy, in pure delight that we'd made it to the airport on time, gotten through security, and had everything and everyone together and intact.

The sigh didn't go over too well. (David posits that he might have had a passive-aggressive wife) ...

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously since you say it was "a hoot" you weren't injured too badly...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh dear...

*laugh*

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Deep, very unfriendly growl. "You got a problem?"

Me, still musing on life, completely unaware, thinking he was being friendly and concerned for a stranger in need. "Oh, no! Just so glad we are here on time, and that it [the meeting in Florida] is finally over." Hands waving and breezy smile.

"So, you don't got a problem."

"No, everything is absolutely fine." (I am starting to pick up on the very weird vibe.)

"Absolutely?"

"Yes, absolutely."

He grunts and turns back around.

Later, when we got on the plane, I asked David if I'd almost gotten into a barfight in front of our boss. He said, "No, you almost got me into a barfight, and I would've been toast."

Although I have to admit, I have clocked a guy on the chin once, and I do sometimes kind of itch to get attacked again, 'cause I'd love to see what I can do with digging my claws in and pounding some guy's face into the floor. But only if he starts it.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Although I have to admit, I have clocked a guy on the chin once, and I do sometimes kind of itch to get attacked again, 'cause I'd love to see what I can do with digging my claws in and pounding some guy's face into the floor. But only if he starts it.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Well, you know. I don't get much of a chance to work out my aggression. It would be satisfying, I think, in a very visceral way.

But I try not to dwell on it.

*hums, files nails

foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Deep, very unfriendly growl. "You got a problem?"

Me, still musing on life, completely unaware, thinking he was being friendly and concerned for a stranger in need."

That is just too frickin funny. I can picture it so perfectly in my head, and it's making me giggle insanely.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah. I was thinking, "People in Florida are so friendly."
ElJay
Member # 6358

It's awful to say, Sara, but I sometimes feel the same way.

I was walking with my friend Ralph at lunchtime on Friday, and there were these two guys... one of them apparently was fond of my appearance and felt the need to comment on it loudly, for a substantial period of time, while strolling through Marshell Field's.

I did a very good job of ignoring it for the first 4 or 5 minutes or so, and then as our paths were diverging he pushed it just a little too far, and I felt the need to respond. Ralph afterwards said "You really should do that when you're with a bigger guy than me." I told him that if my words started a fight, I'd take care of it myself, but he didn't seem to think that was acceptable.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah. I hear you, on both parts.

Edit: It never occurs to me that someone would "have to get into a fight for me." Or even consider it. My problem = I take care of it. End of story.

[ April 10, 2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Bingo!

I try to ignore things like that when I'm with other people, because I know it makes them uncomfortable. But when I'm by myself, I always talk back to street harassers, on the theory that otherwise they think it's okay to continue. If less people just kept silent and took it, people would be less likely to think they can get away with it.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
It never occurs to me that someone would "have to get into a fight for me." Or even consider it. My problem = I take care of it. End of story.
The problem is the other person may not limit it to you.

I was with a girl who mouthed off at some guy in a mall when I was in high school. He came after me with three people and cornered me in a Hallmark store. He said, "We're going to kick your ass."

I had a box cutter in my pocket (I worked in the warehouse of a Bradlee's - think K-Mart, but grimier). I pulled it out and said, "I don't think so." He took a half-step back and I took off.

I ended up getting picked up by security. The idiot who attacked me came back to "press charges."

The security guard wouldn't listen to me. Thank God he called the real cops. Turns out the guy who came after me was wanted for assaulting his mother. The cop cut me loose and arrested him.

Dagonee

[ April 10, 2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.