FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shocking Confessions (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shocking Confessions
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
TMedina:

The Out of Context thread wasn't so hard to find ... it was only on page 4.

My not-so-shocking confession: I'm addicted to finding things out on the Internet. If someone at work mentions that she can't remember the name of a song that has a certain phrase, I'm googling the phrase as soon as the words leave her mouth. Someone can't find the OOC thread, I'm going back, page by page, until I find it. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I would ever dream of taking advantage of that quirk, Cay...but...Mr. Head is looking for a way to locate all the instances of a short story being published.

Any thoughts? First on the list: "Quarantine" by Arthur C. Clarke.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
CaySedai, whyin the world would you go back page by page instead of searching for it?

punwit, of course I would not stand by and let a friend get beaten if I could help, be that by assisting physically or getting attention/authorities/other help, whichever seemed most prudent at the time. And that goes for strangers, too, not just friends. And I would think most of my friends would do the same for me, and I would hope so.

That is not how the statement was made. The statement was implying fighting for me, not fighting with me. I don't want that, and if someone was foolish enough to try to insist on it I probably would not be their friend after the physical altercation was resolved. I couldn't deal with the lack of respect involved.

Confession: I once prevented a fight from happening (between males) by stepping in to assist. The guys who were about to start beating on my friend thought it was so funny that we all had a good laugh and they walked away. My friend made a comment about the fact that there were two of them and one of him...

Me: It's two against two, I've got your back.
Aggressors: *jaw drop*
Friend: Yeah, she does my light work.
Aggressors: Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Glad he had a quick wit and they had a sense of humor. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I didn't see the possible reference in Khavanon's reply that you did. I was looking at it from purely a "I'll save my friend from a beating if it is within my power" pov and didn't even think it might be interpreted as a "Oh jeez, why do you open your big mouth and expect me to save you" pov. I can see now where the comment could be viewed that way. I knew you weren't the stand idly by type and I'd feel secure with you guarding my back. Remember, I've seen you in action. [Wink]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Confessions, eh?

I.. I.. I.. took the cookie from the cookie jar. [Cry]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
For shame, Tater!

Stealing the cookie from the cookie jar.

[No No]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow...I must be in pretty deep then! [Angst]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

Did you.. did you.. take the muffin?!?
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I enjoy Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoffs.
This is a confession? This should be a badge of honor.

Liking Buffy something that needs confessing. [Grumble]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I wholeheartedly agree, Dags.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently did some manscaping and shaved off all unwanted body hair.
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

hahahahaa
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay,

I had tried searching for the OOC thread when I got back from BobnDanaCon, but couldn't find it that time. So, I did it the hard way, but I found it. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.