FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Music in your head (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Music in your head
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The Battle of New Orleans. [Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing in my head right now is
La Playa by La Oreja de Van Gough.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
The Immigrant Song
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the viking kittens!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw a total solar eclipse, I heard music in my head. I'm not very musical so I can't really describe it well, but it was freaking beautiful. Sort of like a sustained chord of pure tones in perfect harmony, with some slow, minor variations or trilling. Like a synthesizer makes, kind of, but with a clarity and purity I haven't heard before or since. It reminded me of some Robert Fripp and Brian Eno songs.

One of the most numinous days in my life. [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Hail]

[ April 13, 2005, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

[Eek!]

Morbo, you know that that was the aliens trying to contact you right?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
URGH!

I got the Numa Numa Dance stuck in my head, but having it cut off early drove me nuts, so I found it on i-tunes and bought an album with a few different versions.

*sigh*

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
>_<

Now Schnappi is stuck in my head, popping up every so often without warning.

I hate you all.

[ April 14, 2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dance your cares away, worries for another day...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Down in Fraggle Rock!

Work your cares away!
Dancing's for another day,
Let the Fraggles play,
We're Gobo, Mokey, Boober, Wembley, Red (whoopeeee!)

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

[Laugh] rivka

I shared it with one of my friends and it is now his favorite song! hehe

Though I do know what you mean; I randomly started singing it in math today...

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the third movement of Cantata 140 in my head, even though I'm listening to the flute, clarinet & timpany bit in the William Tell overture.

JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't Go Breakin' My Heart..."

I would like this song OUT of my head now, please!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't go breakin' your heart!

This morning, my sister had on classic rock in the car, which is mostly OK, except the particular song that came on was "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company, one of my Least Favorite and Most Likely to Become Lodged in My Head songs of all time. It's totally obscene. Not because making love is obscene, but because guys from 80s rock bands with scratchy voices who feel like making love are obscene.

Ick! Now it's back!

*cranks up Dean Martin*

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had The Gnu Song, as sung by John Lithgow, stuck in my head since I got up this morning. Brilliant song. I'm going to have to teach myself to play the piano accompaniment (since I can't find any sheet music), and work up an act for any potential future talent show.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
You know that all too famous Mozart serenade?

"La, la la...la la la la la la...."

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean "Eine kleine Nachtmusik"?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, and I truly do not know why, I've had "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart running around in my head all day long. I didn't even think I knew that song. It's not a song I like or dislike, but it's just picked up and I can't get it out. I haven't even heard it on the radio recently.

Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in the back of my mind.

By the by, my best friend says that a trick she learned in her sorority was that, to get ANY song out of your head, start singing "Build me up, Buttercup." It'll drive anything else out of your head. Although, for the time being, I think I prefer Maggie May.

[ April 15, 2005, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: starlooker ]

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, that "Schnappi" song is too cute. And by "too cute", I mean that it's like having a spear of pure cuteness driven into your eye until it pierces your brain, then sent all the way through the brain until it penetrates the cranium in the back of your head, emerging, bloodied, through your flesh and back out into the open air, causing you to fall down dead. That's how cute it is.

[ April 15, 2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Verily the Younger ]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Numa Numa Yay
Numa Numa Numa Yay

AAAAAARGH!

I'm seriously considering hunting Tater down and torturing him, maybe forcing him to listen to "The Wheels On the Bus" over and over and over and over...

Whew, Grandma's Feather Bed is coming on, maybe that'll help

[Mad]

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"La, la la...la la la la la la...."
That's supposed to be Einer Kleiner Nachtsmusik? Nice spotting, Verily!

A curse on that. At least the third movement of Symphony No 40 is nice. As for the Violin Concerti - none beats Bach. Actually, no-one beats Bach, except for Biber, maybe.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.