FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A rash of teen violence?

Author Topic: A rash of teen violence?
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=639556&page=1

Apparently there has been a marked increase in the number of teen threats following the Minnesota school shootings.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Which could mean any number of things. Either students are copying the actions of the Minnesota killer or increased awareness by the administrators has resulted in more reports.

I don't think anyone is surprised, because frankly, it seems these things run in cycles.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I don't believe any hit list that I hear about is actually going to happen, last year there was a hit list found at my school. Administration did the normal thing, you know, a cop in every parking lot, a few extra ones walking the halls, and encouraging the kids on the list to not show up on the day that the shooting was supposed to happen. I was one of the students on the list, I went to school and attended all of my classes (something that rarely happens). The bottom line was, the kids who did it (which were never caught) just wanted to see what kind of an impact they could make, and I wasn't going to let their games impact me (or maybe i have a subconscious death wish, i have been accused of that before).
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.