Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » O_O

Author Topic: O_O
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Channel 5 and channel 9 just showed the same commercial at the exact same time.

[Angst]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
That really makes me nervous here.

Our channel nine is PBS...

[Cry]

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Channels often do that, don't they?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
It's an alien conspiracy! [Angst]

but in all seriousness, I do think that does happen sometimes. I can recall a number of times when I've flipped from one channel to the other during commercials only to see the exact same one come on a few seconds later.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
There was one time when there was the same song on three different radio stations. I kid you not! [Eek!]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

No, no. The commercial wasn't on one channel and then the other a few seconds later, it was playing simultaneously on both channels. It was synchronous.

For the record, 5 is Fox, 9 is UPN.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
The channels are the same where I'm from. Where are you?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

Central Islip.

For now. [Big Grin]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
My radio stations do that with songs every now and then... I'll hit the button to change the station but the song just won't go away!

[Angst]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
About 7 years ago (it was before I joined the service) I listened to a lot of country music. One day I was listening to a station out of Lansing: heard a song then commercials. Changed the station to the one out of Flint: Same song then commercials. Changed the station to the one out of Detroit: Same song then commercials.

Thankfully the commercials weren't the same, and that I liked the song that was being played.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of commercials, anyone tried some of that new "meat-based dressing"?

[ROFL]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if more stations have their programming on computer and synchronized to the internet atomic clock simulator. Or something.

By the way, if it was in two places at the same time, how were you watching them both?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
mothertree - picture in picture?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.