FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving

Author Topic: Moving
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, I've decided to apply to the University of Washington, which means I get to move to Seattle. (Furthermore I get to leave Utah! [Party] )

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any hatrackers from Seattle (kind of a stupid question) that might have any general suggestions for me like: where to look for apartments, what Udub is like, ect.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you really DO keep moving North, doncha?

And wow, we'll be living an entire continent apart. O_O

[ April 15, 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

It's all the times you and Mr. Gumby had gas while in my car and my living room. I've got to get away from it. [Taunt]
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't blame you at ALL.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going there as an undergraduate or a graduate? And what are you going to study? Seattle is a wonderful city, but if you ask me the best part about are the things outside the city, like Mt. Ranier, Puget Sound, and such. I have no idea where to look for an apartment there though. Probably in the U district [Wink] , but I wouldn't be able to tell you what streets that encompasses. I've only really seen the inside of the School of Medicine during various high school biology field trips. It's a great research center even if the building is more than a little intimidating in size.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

I'm going as an undergraduate student, but I'm planning on getting my major in History.

I'm a little daunted by all this because I've never actually been to Seattle yet, (I will in a couple of weeks) and also because the black heart of the corporation I work for (Starbuck's Coffee) makes its lair there. But, other than that, I'm really looking forward to it.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to Portland once and really liked the area. The streets are WAY freakin smaller in Portland than they are in Utah, with about an infinite percentage increase in one way streets. And coffee shops are in every store, even mini coffee shops IN coffee shops.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.