FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » kat and/or AJ --- Found! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: kat and/or AJ --- Found!
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The guestquilt squares are missing. I've sent people to look for them at the church, do either of you remember what the box they were in looked like? (I can't remember)

I've got the small purple card box with the unused ones, but only two of the signed ones. [Frown]

[ April 24, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah. They were put back into the box that they came in, so there is a box with mostly signed squares and some unsigned squared.

Did they get put with the rest of the church clean up? Last I saw, they were on the chair behind the quilt square table, and the table was still set up.

[ April 20, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Do you remember what the box looked like? Color? Size?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Flimsy, brown cardboard. When I saw it, it did not have a lid, although there was a lid behind me that might have belonged to it. That lid was...beige, I think. With blue writing on it. The box measured ... 2 1/2" x 10" x 14", approximately.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was grey, 4" high by about 12" square. It looked to me like a stationary box, maybe what part of the invitations had come in. I would even go so far as to say a speckled grey.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure there were three boxes that looked the same, neh?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
(kat had closer contact with the box than I did, I must be thinking of something else. Although the squares were bigger that 2.5", so I think that measurment has to be off.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Kat and AJ, both quality women. Unfortunatly I haven't seen AJ around today but Kat's looking sharp. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Didn't all of them make it to the reception? Or was that just the last box?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yeah, I think that 2 1/2" measurement is off, because the squared fit into the box. I think they poke out of the top a little bit, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd make a crappy murder witness. This is stretching my noticing powers to the limit.

"I remember a...church...with...pews. And purple. There was purple, right?"

dkw
Member # 3264

The only ones I saw at the reception were a box of blanks. Two people signed them there, and those are the two we have.
katharina
Member # 827

I didn't see the box at the reception at all, but we came a little bit late.

What about the example squares and the pens? Are they missing as well? Maybe they are all together.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
As an aside:

quote:
both quality women
It sounds like you're about to draft them to an NFL team, Hobbes. 'kat has suspect hands but would be a quality pick in the second round'
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Now I wish I owned a NFL team so I could draft Kat and AJ.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Hobbes, that is both very sweet.
dkw
Member # 3264

I've got the example squares and two of the pens.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they went to either your mother or Icarus or Cor on clean up. I remember being worried and going "Oh ok, you are going to take these right" and the faceless person saying yes. I stole a couple of blanks for people to sign at the reception, if necessary, but didn't end up using them.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

There she is. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

dkw
Member # 3264

Mom remembers having them, and bringing them into my house. The box she remembers having is the one that's on my coffeetable, full of blanks. [Frown]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Look in the "blank" boxes again. I think I put all of the signed ones in the front and some of the "blanks" in the back. I thought about being really anal and sorting them by what color pen they were signed with but I know Kat would have shot me. They were long thin boxes not quite wide enough to be shoe boxes.

I *know* we didn't take them from the church, because we had discussed whether we should or not.

AJ

[ April 20, 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I have only one blank box. And I've looked at every single square in it.

I was really hoping that they were in there.

katharina
Member # 827

They were still set up when we were taking pictures, right? All the Hatrack pictures. ]

Hmm...I didn't go back into the church after the pictures, so I don't if they were set up then. I know we didn't take them, because we walked back to the hotel.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I *know* I nagged someone "You're going to take these right?" and got an affirmative before I left the building. Can you call the church office?

(There were a couple of cabinet like things behind the desk with standard churchish paraphenalia, could someone have put them in there?)

AJ

(oh and there should be two nearly full boxes if I remember correctly.)

[ April 20, 2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
There are boxes on a chair in this picture. Do they look familiar?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Good thinking, Farmgirl!

Yep, there they are.

katharina
Member # 827

Y'all are brilliant.

*peers at pictures* My description was totally off.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Note: those are the *large* posable people, not the cake ones. Do you know where they are?

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

katie, no it wasn't. In the first picture that Rivka posted the two boxes in question are the ones, that aren't as visible on the right, not the big box on the left.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

(since dkw hasn't posted again, I wonder if she's found the Posable People or not)

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

I was teaching Confirmation class.

No, the posable couple seem to have eloped. Maybe they have the quilt squares.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

hmm perhaps the posable people are holding them for ransom?

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

Considering that the Posable_People and boxes of quilt squares were last seen together, methinks there's a good chance that when one is found, so will be the other.

I assume whoever looked at the church, checked the . . . *gestures helplessly* . . . the cabinet sort of thing in the vestibule?

dkw
Member # 3264

In theory.

I'm thinking of going myself, just to be sure. I really don't have time this week, though. [Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought about being really anal and sorting them by what color pen they were signed with but I know Kat would have shot me
ROFL [ROFL]

My wife sorts all the pool balls by color when we turn the tray back in. The one ball and the nine ball (yellows), the two balll and the ten ball (blues)....

You two would get along great, but I would end up hitting you both with a pool cue.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It looked to me like a stationary box,
If it's a stationary box, then it's wherever you left it.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*snort* It's nice to see you, punched heart.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*frets* I hope they turn up soon.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

I have no doubt they will turn up, probably with the larger posable people who will still be giggling and blushing after the honeymoon.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Has everyone who might have been the last to see them tried self-hypnosis? Try this easy method; my dad taught it to me when I was 8 and lost my Annotated Shirlock Holmes, and it's worked every time but once for me ever since.

Sit down in a comfortable spot (preferably without noise, bright lights, or distractions, although I've done this with all three going on, it's just harder). Close your eyes, and relax. Think of a color you like, a calm, soothing color. Now concentrate on that color. Don't think of anything else, just think of and visualize that color until that color is all that you see. Once you are completely focused on that color, ask yourself, "Where is the last place I saw the missing object?" (In this case, box of quilt squares.) I usually, at this point, get an image of the last time I saw it flashed across my mind, and am able to go find it.

Really, it's only not worked once, and that's when I was outside, in the rain, with no coat or umbrella. Hard to get comfortable enough in those conditions.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Unfortunately, everyone knows exactly where they saw it last -- on the table in the narthex. I'm hoping when we find the person who picked it up from there he or she won't need hypnosis to remember what s/he did with it.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

quote:
Don't think of anything else
I believe my brain completely lacks this ability.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

What's the difference between a "narthex" and a "foyer"?

AJ

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, I was hoping someone would try this and get a flash of the person they saw walking away with it or something. [Dont Know] [Kiss] It'll turn up, don't worry.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

AJ, mine does, too- except in a hypnosis state. [Razz]
dkw
Member # 3264

quote:
What's the difference between a "narthex" and a "foyer"?
A narthex is a like a foyer to the sanctuary. Some of the other doors to the same building also have foyers, but they lead into hallways and meeting rooms and such.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

hmm, I suspect I've only gone to uncivilized churches, they've always just called the narthex the "foyer" in announcments.

However, I am sorry to say, that I did pass a United Methodist Church this morning on the way to work, that had these words on their sermon billboard.

"Ventillate Vertically"

I presume they were referring to prayer... but it was a bit much. I couldn't help wondering what you would have said! [Big Grin]

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

[Party]
This plastic laundry hamper was in the ladies changing room, since it’s what I brought the flowers to Ames in. Mom & Patty moved it to Bob’s car, filled with stuff, including the plastic cover for my wedding dress. We brought in the plastic cover on the morning after the wedding, put our dirty clothes from Saturday in a smaller plastic bag and stuffed it in the top of the laundry hamper. When we got home to pack for London, we brought in the laundry hamper and set it in the bedroom by the other laundry. Then we left for London. By the time we got back, we’d forgotten that it had anything in it other than laundry.

Posable people, candle lighter, memorial candle, covered pans used for boutonnières, sewing kit, CD of reception band and QUILT SQUARES all accounted for.

[Party]

There was actually a lot more missing than I’d noticed. [Blushing]

[ April 24, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Wahoo!!!!
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
WHEW! I was feeling soooo bad, since I knew I'd packed them up. Just had no idea where!
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.