FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sweepstakes: 2 tickets to BB premiere/10,000 dollars

Author Topic: Sweepstakes: 2 tickets to BB premiere/10,000 dollars
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
http://promotions.symantec.com/

Hopefully that link works. Looks easy enough, though I do suggest skimming the rules. Something I found when I did:

SELECTION OF WINNERS
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected by random drawing conducted on July 3, 2005, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by Circle.com, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions shall be final on all Sweepstakes matters. The odds of winning any prize in the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. The winner will be notified by email. The winner will be required to sign and return affidavits of compliance and eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within 14 days of notification, or the winner’s prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a Canadian entry is chosen in the Sweepstakes, the entrant will be required to correctly answer a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question before qualifying as a winner. If the number of valid prize claims received for any prize is greater than the number to be awarded under the Sweepstakes as set forth above, all eligible claims for such prize will be combined in a random drawing to award the number of such prize as set forth above.

Sponsor may require a winner to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address.

Uh, why would a Canadian winner have to answer a mathamatical question? Also, would they accept a gmail account under that last paragraph?

[ April 20, 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: gossip ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Canadian law requires gambling to have some aspect of skill.

The question will be on the order of 2+2, though, so no worries, eh.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that did have me raise an eyebrow. Thanks, Fugu.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
And yes, gmail has google as its "online service provider".
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.