FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NBA Finals - Spurs vs Pistons (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: NBA Finals - Spurs vs Pistons
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I say Spurs in 6.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Pistons in 6, or perhaps 7.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Spurs lost 3 games the whole season on home court.

They're NOT going to lose this series.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll see in 20 hours.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
SPURS !!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

One way or another it should be a tough series, and there should be some really good games.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I know what you mean adam.

At least the spurs have ginobli. He can make some interesting shots.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

quote:
Originally posted by Choobak:
As French, i support San Antonio...

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Tony Parker is french

[Wink]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

1 game down, 3 to go, and the Spurs win [Big Grin]

Ginobli is amazing.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I don't think anyone besides Pistons/Spurs fans wanted this finals =/

[ June 10, 2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ginobili was pretty damned good. Not the Spurs, but Ginobili.

Well wait, that isn't fair, the Spurs are awesome at feeding Ginobili the ball.

Pistons fell apart in the second half. Sad. If they can play a whole game like they played the first quarter last night, it'll be a sight to see.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
SPURS !!!! Well play ! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Well played indeed!

This Pistons had no chance last night.

And lyrhawn: duncan had 24 pts and 15 rebs in game 1. So it wasn't all ginobli.

RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
DIE-HARD SPURS FAN ON THE PROWL!!!

Spurs in 5

GINOBILI!!!

He is now cemented his status as a one of the top five shooting guards in the NBA.

He is (as of Game 2) the favorite for MVP of the Finals, is there anything this guy cant do???

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My apologies. It was the Duncan/Ginobili show.

Pistons need to stop playing like crap, start playing like the team that won its way to the finals.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
In other news, Phil Jackson is back with the Lakers. Now they might be above .500 next year. Not by much, though.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

phil jackson is EXTREMELY overrated and this coming season will show that. There may be playoff games at the staples center next june, but the lakers wont be playing in them. The Lakers will miss the playoffs again, and to add insult to injury, the clippers will make the playoffs.
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Pistons crush the Spurs in Game 3.

2-1

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

On a side note, interesting bit of news at the Palace.

A man had a heart attack in the stands, and a doctor from four sections over trampled over people to get to him, found him with no pulse and not breathing, gave him CPR with the help of his childhood doctor who happened to be there, and four minutes later the man started breathing.

alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
freaking Pistons...

and now Phil's saying he's signing back on. Ohhh.... the drama!

(for the non-LA hatrack denizens, LA folks, in general, are inundated daily with the latest greatest breaking news about the coaching of the Lakers... ad nauseum)

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

We broke the Spurs' record of not letting an opposing team score more than 90 points in a finals game. They had a 13 game streak until now.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Good series so far, I caught most of the thrid period tonight...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

PISTONS CRUSH SPURS BY 31!!

Amazing game. I hope that quieted a lot of the "Spurs in 4 or 5" people.

That's what you get for counting out the defending champions!

[Party] [Party]

alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
If this isn't the MOSTEST!!!!!!! tiresome thread, EVER, on hatrack, I'd like to see a list of competitors.
Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
So don't post in it, or read it then, fallow.

Go Pistons!

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Alluvion, visit the gay rights advocates religion thread. They've been talking about atheists in foxholes for the last 100 posts.

Woo JenniK! Another Pistons fan!

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

4 straight blowout games.

What a fun series ...

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Game 4 Domination, Just another benefit of living in MI, GO STONES!!!, All y'all bustus that thought the spurs were gonna sweep: go to ONE Pistons home game...........like nothing else on earth.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet sadly, there aren't enough Pistons home games to win them the series...
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Does home court advantage really make that much of a difference? I mean come on, this is the NBA Finals. Each team should be able to win on the road at this level.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Well. I guess Im trying to say it shouldn't.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I really don't like the Spurs... But how many home games did they lose this year? Three?

I'm sure some road team will win one game this series, just wonder if it'll be the Spurs next game or Pistons for the win.

And for the record, I haven't even seen a second of the finals on TV yet...

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I highly doubt the Pistons will lose Sunday. It will come down to whether they can win on the road or not, which I think they proved in Miami that they can in fact do.

It'll just depend on what game they bring with them.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If the Pistons play like they did last night when they get back to San Antonio, at the very least it will be a fight, if not another rout.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'd say it was a combination of the two. Pistons played good defense last night and forced a lot of the turnovers that killed the Spurs.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Here we go, Game 5!!
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

And now the question isn't can they do what only three teams did over the season... It's can they do it twice.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Psh, if Phoenix hadn't had to rely on its bench when JJ broke an eye-socket, it would have been a different series. And a much more fun one.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think the Pistons can win Tuesday night.

Thursday will be tough. But they have no problem winning on the road.

RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

You're kidding yourself.

The Pistons are done.

I, a Spurs fan, can tell you the debilitating effects that a heart-wrenching Game 5 loss at home can do to a team. (last year - .4 s - Derek Fisher)

Get the Riverwalk ready, the party starts Tuesday night!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You guys said the same thing going into Game 3 and look what happened?

The game last night was close, a single move either way could have tipped the balance. You're in for a fight Tuesday night.

naledge
Member # 392

- posted      Profile for naledge   Email naledge         Edit/Delete Post 
NBA Post Season Rule #345

Always, always cover Robert Horry!

-nal

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if there's ever been a more prime time player than Robert Horry in the finals.

He's done it as a rocket.
He's done it as a laker.
Now he's doing it as a Spur.

Wow.

Go Timmy Duncan!
Ricecake #1!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Had the Spurs lost last night, I'm betting Duncan would haven taken a lot of the blame. He played horribly.
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I blame R.Wallace for a lot of that loss in game 5. I'm not fond of the guy, he takes a lot of stupid shots, and can't play defense for the most part. He also is not the brightest crayon in the box. And I agree with what Lyrhawn said about Duncan, he was like 15% with free throws, maybe even less.

Anywho, GO PISTONS!

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooooooo we're goin' to a game 7....
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I guess either the Spurs aren't as tough as peop;e though...

...or the Pistons are tougher than those same people said.

Which is it?

[Big Grin]

Darn good basketball!

Go Pistons!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'd say it's both.

And considering the officials were trying to gift wrap that game for San Antonio, I call that a sweet fricken victory.

San Antonio-
Too bad you had to cancel your little parade. Maybe next time you'll wait until you actually win before planning the party.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Whats up with detroit and blaming officials ... even when you win?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.