FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guess How Many Babies I'm Having (Hint: More Than One)? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guess How Many Babies I'm Having (Hint: More Than One)?
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
It's triplets.

I went for my ultrasound today. Dr. Slackman immediately saw twins and Andrew and I were pleasantly surprised. He was still moving the camera around when I said, jokingly, "There's only the 2 there, right Dr. Slackman?" At that very moment, he turned the camera and said, "Actually, here's another one."

They are all different sizes, which is to be expected. One is huge, one is medium, and one is small. Dr. Slackman says that there's a 10% chance that the small one might not be viable and would be reabsorbed into my body.

I'm having another ultrasound a week from today. I'm still kind of shell-shocked.

Please pray for all of the babies, but especially the littlest one.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Way. Wow!

I'll pray for them all, especially the littlest one.

!!!! This is very cool!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Yay, Mrs. M and family! That is so awesome, congratulations!

Are you guys going to have a party? That's fantastic news [Smile]

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Not unexpected, but a joyful occasion nonetheless. I'll be praying for your babies, M.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
AUGH!!! Mrs. M that is the coolest thing I've heard about all week!! [Big Grin] I will definitely keep all 5 of you in my prayers, especially the little one.

*dances off to teach her class*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so awesome! If it is at all encouraging, if that small one hangs in there, I was told during my multiple pregnancy that the risks with triplets were not substantially higher than with twins.

I know three people with healthy triplets, none of them had any problems with their pregnancies except delivering a little early.

Also, Abigail was smaller than Daniel from day one and all the way to delivery. The doctor theorized she may have actually been conceived a day or two later than Daniel. That may be the case here too - the little one might not be less viable, but just younger!

(((Mrs. M and little ones)))

In my prayers, sweetie.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the drawback to fertility treatments - when the treatment connects, watch out.

That said, good luck to you and the future little ones. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Praying.>

Congrats, Mrs. M. Mama has been wondering if you'd turn up with multiples. As usual, she was right.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
They'll be in my prayers, too, but mostly it'll be you guys for when they get here! [Wink]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! We have been praying for you and your babies every night. We will add special prayers for the littlest one. (((hugs)))
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been waiting for this announcement. I just KNEW you'd have multiples. I'll be praying they all stay safe.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

<prayers>

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Goodness. I wondered if something like this would happen. Best wishes to the five of you!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Sending so many prayers for you and all your little ones. [Kiss]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That's wonderful!

*prays*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, y'all. I'm still pretty freaked out. Honestly, I thought I'd handle it better than this. The idea of going from no children to three children (of the same age) in one day is pretty overwhelming. I don't even have a third girl's name that I like. Hopefully, we'll have a 2-1 combination, so it won't be a problem.

Belle, I never thought of that, but they may well have been conceived on different days - I was inseminated and we had an old-fashioned try.

Andrew says that this is G-d's way of compensating us for the baby we lost. I was pretty surprised because he never says things like that.

My best friend is already calling me The Incubator.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Gaah, five Hatrack babies due in the space of three months! So much to knit! Good thing me and my tax refund are hitting the yarn store tomorrow [Wink]

[ April 22, 2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Stray ]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so exciting! Congratulations, Mrs. M. Good luck raising three kids at once.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

That's the five of you and me!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! I hope that everything will go well for you and your 3 three little ones. Personally, I'd be worried about you if you weren't a little freaked out by the idea of triplets... [Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] <--- this could be your family someday soon!

will keep you and your little ones in our prayers here too.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*guesses without seeing next page*
triplets?

[Hey I was right!!] Cool beans, and congrats Mrs. M!

[ April 22, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Three is a very good number. [Smile]

Bet you'll have a different answer to שלושה מי יודע this year, neh? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, that is the coolest thing I've heard all day.

Well, besides the Bedouin guy who wanted to buy me for a hundred camels... [Wink]

Let's say it runs a close second.

That's awesome!! And seriously, you're one person I can imagine handling it amazingly well. Mazeltov! [Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Best wishes for three, happy, healthy babies.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taelani
Member # 7562

- posted      Profile for Taelani   Email Taelani         Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is wow! Congrats! May pregnancy be uncomplicated and all of you be healthy. [Group Hug]
Posts: 33 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and good luck. My coworker just had triplets after fertility treatments and I'm pretty sure she has a lot of resources up her sleeve. I'll see if she'll email me some of them to me.

The positive is that she made it to 32 weeks and has three healthy wonderful babies, but it was a rough road. She thinks having 3 is actually easier than having one because it forces you to be completely scheduled. *laugh*

*prayers and good thoughts*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!! [Party] [Group Hug]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet Peaches!

I'm very happy for you and will continue to keep your not so little family in my prayers.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
For Mrs.M and all the other moms on Hatrack.

To Be A Mom

Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy. You and the babies are in our prayers.

-Mama

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just wow!!! Congrats to you and Andrew! I would imagine being shell-shocked is quite normal. Take good care of yourself and those babies.

Oh, and I'll make certain not to complain about my pregnancy discomforts with you around. Your carrying 3 babies makes my 1 look pretty easy. [Wink]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to know their names and genders, I'll start their hats soon, I found the cutest blue and pink yarns, they're cotton, very soft, and the color isn't super light, more a bright but young blue and pink.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for you and your family!
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

I'll be sending all my best wishes to the five (*five*!) of you.

[Smile]

I can understand how it would be daunting, but I have no doubt that you and Andrew will rise to the occasion wonderfully.

And what a beautiful family you'll have. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Triplets.

That's really cool. [Smile]

*definitely praying*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
*gurmble*
i don't mean to be jealous, but i wish i was having kids. well, not me personally, me being of the male gender, but....you know.....
[Group Hug]
I'll be praying

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Mrs. M - that's fabulous! Prayers for all - [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAH! Triplets, that's wonderful! (((Mrs. M, Andrew and babies)))
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot Dang!!!!!! Three babies!! whoooooo [Party]

Congrats Mrs. M. I will keep you and your "lil" ones in my prayers.

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn you, now my eyes are leaking.....

And it is all your fault!!!

[The Wave] [Party] [Group Hug] [Hat] [Party]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
0_0

that's fantastic.

I'll think happy thoughts for Kira, Sr. [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Big Grin] That's awesome!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Mrs. M!!! keeping all of you in my thoughts, especially the littlest one.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea! Congratulations, Mrs M.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Wonderful news, and we'll continue praying for you!
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.