FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stuff that Makes You Cry (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stuff that Makes You Cry
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] papa moose...
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudolph
Member # 3236

- posted      Profile for Rudolph           Edit/Delete Post 
last things that made me cry:

book- his dark material triology in general, especially the end.

music- anything by paper route when i'm in the right mood, as well as a piece that one of my profs wrote based on "The Happy Prince" by Oscar Wilde.

movie- fox and the hound. hardcore bawling....

Posts: 217 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Last movie to make me cry: "Pay it forward", the ending. It's one of the most powerful endings I've ever seen. And the music is just perfect.

What *didn't* make me cry was "The Notebook". I somehow didn't manage to connect with that movie. Everybody else said it's a good one, but for me it's an average-ok-almost-waste-of-time. [Dont Know]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I've became misty eyed during Sarah Bolger's rendition of Desperado in In America and most of the second hour of Hotel Rawanda.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I also cried a lot during "Hotel Rwanda". As did quite a few other people in the cinema.

And if you care for some oddities of mine:

*minor spoilers from "Contact", the movie*
Everytime I see it I cry when Ellie first hears the extra terestrial signal. The thought of someone having his/her dream fulfilled like that... [Cry]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.