FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Narnia Trailer is online

Author Topic: Narnia Trailer is online
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what Chronicles of Narnia is, but I'm sure somebody here has read the book...well here's the trailer
here it has french subtitles though....but the spoken words are in english

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It won't work!!!!

Damm you!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
ok...here's another link to it... linky
there are two mirrors on the page...

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! THAT WAS SO COOL!!!
[The Wave]

I can't wait now!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
The casting looks brilliant. Lucy looks WONDERFUL.

And Jadis looks simply disturbing, exactly as she should.

I can't wait.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
You can view a larger, sub-less version of the trailer now!

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*ecstatic*
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

My thoughts:

AAAAAH!

AAAAAH!

AAAAAH!

SOCOOLSOCOOLSOCOOL! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Jadis looks like an evil angel. Appropriate for a woman who on her father's side comes from a race of corrupt sorcerers of giantish blood, and had Lilith the mother of demons for her own mother!

The kids look like they can act! Lucy in particular seems perfect.

Aslan looks AMAZING.

Mr. Tumnus!

Mer-People leaping in front of Cair Paravel!

Peter leading a whole ARMY of centaurs in a charge!

I cannot _believe_ there are people over at another site saying they wish this resembled the BBC version. o_o;

[ May 08, 2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Direct link to the hi-res Quicktime mov version here

[ May 07, 2005, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy. Crap.

Goosebumps.

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so awesome.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
theres showing it tonoght during HP: chamber of secrets or after. on ABC.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I should warn you, I watched the ABC version of the trailer (EST time zone.)

It's MUCH shorter than the version online.

Still cool!

Kinda wish they included the "Movie Surfer" clips of Tumnus playing his pipes, Edmund meeting the Witch, and the ASTOUNDING animatronic Aslan they made for the "Stone Table" scene.

Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Im on the west coast so your earlier than i am.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I believe that's what I said. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I like it. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I AM SO EXCITED, I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS TO CONVEY MY EMOTIONS!

[The Wave]

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I caught part of it while I was at work.

I had the most horrible shift EVER earlier, and I was ready to just walk off the line (I work at a restaurant in the kitchen) and say screw it, I was so pissed.

But then I glance over at the big screen TV (it's a sports bar/restaurant) and I saw the trailer come on for TLTWATW, and I had a smile plastered on my face for the rest of the night.

It's really looking good.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooooooh. Shiny!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I
Can't
Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

One really good thing about the high res version of the trailer is that it solves several concerns I had after watching the unfinished bootleg version.

For instance, I know now that the mysterious "horse riders" are centaurs (dur-hey! It's Narnia!), and that a lot of the foggy, fast-moving blurs are Talking Beasts running lickety-split. [Big Grin]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I can't stop watching this thing.

I will say that I love how they're going for a very "Faerie Tale" look, judging by the teaser. Bright, clean colors. Stylized designs.

Those who pre-claimed this would be "Too LotR" looking seem to be off.

And yet, it looks darker, grander, and more meaningful than the norm.

Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! It looks good. [Smile]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

Hmm, perhaps I should read the book. I'm sorry to say before this movie I've never heard of this series.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
GASP!

Yes, you *really* need to go read the books. Preferably before you see the movie.

I'm so excited! I've watched the trailer at least ten times, and gone through it slow-mo and everything. *squeal*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" first, definitely.

Harper Collins may feel putting "The Magician's Nephew" first is more correct as it's the back-story to the entire Chronicles, but I feel it spoils some secrets better discovered later.

Beautiful as it is. It's still a great book. [Smile]

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree. I was introduced to the books in chronological order (back when I was a very little kid) and I have always read them in that order since. I still think it's the best order to read them in.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

I'm close to actually reading the books, the only problem is I'm not really a fan of fantasy novels.
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Don't think of them as fantasy novels. That is much too limiting to the works of genius that they are.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

They aren't "Sword and Sorcery" type fantasy is that's what you mean by "fantasy".

The Narnia books are a mix of Beatrix Potter, Hans Christian Anderson, Edith Nesbit, Greco-Roman Nature Myth, the New Testament, and Lewis' own fertile imagination.

Do you like good faerie tales?

If so, there's a good chance you'll like the Chronicles of Narnia.

Each of the books are fairly short, and a relatively quick read.

Griffin
Member # 7166

- posted      Profile for Griffin   Email Griffin         Edit/Delete Post 
J'aime la tralior. Il y a beacoup de le bon Musique.
Je l'aime. [Hat]

Posts: 131 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

This trailer went online while I was out of the country, so I just now saw it. I can only add my three cheers. It actually made me cry, it just looks like it will be a really powerful movie. That glimpse of the stone table scene was awesome. I cannot wait!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Didn't Jadis look EVIL in that scene?

I saw it before Episode III yesterday. There was a lot of detail I had missed even in the high definition online version.

I could actually make out Mr. and Mrs. Beaver as being more than waddling spots, for one thing. [Wink]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I know, I'm so excited. This is enough of a reason to go see Episode III.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw episode 3 and didn't get to see the Narnia trailer.... [Frown]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. I was swindled!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
We saw it before episode 3 on Friday. ElJay was... "agape" is the word for it, I think. This is probably the first book(s) that all three of us siblings read, so kinda nifty. Not counting the books that were read TO us, of course.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.