FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cud (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cud
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
The young man was simply flummoxed. In the past hour, he had witnessed a talking sheep, a falling anvil, and now a talking spider.

Not wanting to hear any more talking animals, he duct taped his ears closed.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Unbeknownst to him, he had used (duh Duh DUHN!) talking duct tape! [Angst]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Quoth the duct tape:

"Shop at Lowes Home Center for huge discounts on everything in our store."

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
The young man ripped the duct tape off, ripping off a strip of hair with it. And much skin. Now, with blood dripping down, he muttered, "What the..." He sat down and sobbed.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Realizing that a fellow creature was injured, the talking sheep and spider decided to team up to help the young man. The sheep removed a small piece of wool from his fluffy exterior while the spider wove a small rectangle of web. Combining the two, they constructed a home-made bandaid which they then gave to the boy to put on his wound.

However, this was no ordinary piece of wool-and-web, as both had originated from magical talking creatures. Putting on the bandaid, the young man suddenly felt an energy rising within him unlike any he had experienced before.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, let's not let this get dirty... [Angst]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Before he realized what was happening, he'd grabbed his shovel from behind the house and started digging a hole in the ground for a new privy, just like his grandmother had been nagging him to do for months. Pretty soon, he was covered in sweat and dirt.

In other words, he was filthy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

He was a filthy, dirty, disgusting boy.

The sheep looked at him and said, "You're sooooo DIRTY!"

quidscribis
Member # 5124

"Dirty, dirty, dirty! Filthy, even! Disgusting!"
skillery
Member # 6209

It was getting dark, and the filthy boy went to wash up, forgetting to cover the newly dug latrine hole.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Right about then, a raven flew overhead, crying, "Save me!" For, of course, it was not really a raven, but the dutiful daughter of a humble miller who had been enchanted by an evil sorcerer.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"That's IT! All I wanted was a few magic beans, and now we have raving ravens, a neat-freak sheep, and spiders who know first aid! There's wizardry afoot here..." granny muttered darkly.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
Granny's astonished hands
*remembers how his own granny used to do the "astonished hands" thing*

mouth agape, head cocked slighty to the left, eyes bulging...

*makes a fortune selling astonished granny bobbleheads on e-bay*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Granny, noticing the granny bobbleheads for the first time, yelled, "Get away from me, ye evil incarnate objects! Get away from me!" Her eyes glowed a dull red.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Not the red of a ruby, you know, nor of blood, not even scarlet or carnelian. It was just kind of a dull... red.

"Granny's a Goa'ould!" cried the shocked Stargate fan in the audience.

Granny quickly silenced him with a blast from the hand-weapon-thingy she wore (which her grandson thought was just a ring, obviously). She glared at the other spectators. "And don't any of the rest of you mention that. Goa'ould don't exist in this fantasy world. I'm just doing a cross-over to make extra money."

Richard Dean Anderson ran into the scene, waved, and ran off into the distance. The fans fainted in amazement and pleasure and weren't heard from for the rest of the story.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

From the side lines, voices were heard chattering. Amanda Tapping, who usually plays the role of Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1, whispered to Michael Shanks, "But Goa-ould's eyes glow a bright white. Is this a mutant form? Or a cousin? Or... Something altogether different?"
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Kurt Russell, passing by, whispered back, "In the original movie, it was red."
skillery
Member # 6209

*paints eyes of granny bobbleheads red and raises minimum e-bay bid*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Granny looked at the painted eyes and sighed. "Now, see, that just makes my head look fat."
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Michael Shanks says to Kurt, "No, no, I don't think so. I watched the show not long ago, and they were definitely white. The acting by that character who played Ra was way over the top, but the eyes definitely glowed white."

Kurt looked back at Michael, scowled, and said, "You wanna make something of this? I mean, my son was named Tyler. Then you guys screw up and call him Charlie. Do you really want to make an issue of this?"

Amanda and Michael look at each other, and say, in unison, "We can take him." They draw their zats and fire.

alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
*finds himself spellbound by the first 5 posts*

oh yeah...

*pauses to wheeze a sigh and return to reading these heady (and undoubtably perceptive) posts*

(thanks folks)

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

"giggle-fits subside*

thank you so much!

*invisible chortle: wish I'd had the mic online*

a couple thoughts:

Lotsa good ideas. My only slight crit: a few (just a few) longer posts covering a bit more ground.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Granny waved her bejewelled hands at the critic, sending him flying againtst the stone wall of her home with great force, and knocking him unconscious in the process. "Damned critics. Should just shut up and leave me alone." She sniffed, and walked into the shed. "Ah, the stew is almost ready," she said, and took a taste. "Hmm. A little more salt and a tidge of cumin and a squeeze of lime ought to do the trick. Oh, and some coriander. Definitely have to have coriander." She wandered out to her kitchen garden, grabbed a few sprigs of the herb, and returned to her kitchen to chop them up, then tossed them into the stew with the other ingredients.
skillery
Member # 6209

The enterprising coyote discovers a discarded anvil by the side of a small cottage. A lightbulb appears over the coyote's head, replaced by a cloud-shaped vision of a Rube Goldberg contraption, employing an anvil. The coyote tiptoes away, carrying the anvil between his knees.

WHOOSH!

A pair of white orbs blinks in the darkness at the bottom of an uncovered latrine hole.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

From the bottom of the hole came a growling voice: "Coriander, hmph! I'll teach them! It's CILANTRO! The leaves of the plant are CILANTRO!"

Out of the darkness rose... (duh, Duh, DUH!)

LA CHUPACABRA!

Chupacabras
Member # 6840

- posted      Profile for Chupacabras   Email Chupacabras         Edit/Delete Post 
How is it that I am always being dragged into these impossible situations? It reminds me of the time that my good friend Pancho Villa sent me to kidnap the Sevilla family...he said I should go around to the back door...

*smells sheeps*

Mmmmm...the sheep, it will go nicely with a bit of cilantro.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet unbeknownst to Granny, this was no ordinary cilantro. No, this cilantro was deeply evil. It had been created by the same dark forces behind artificial sweeteners. This was the herb that bites back.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Unbeknownst to the herb, this was no ordinary granny.

The old Rastafarian puts on a Bob Marley record, and the house is soon filled with the pungent odor of kali weed.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

La Chupacabra found a spoon, and took a taste of the Rogan Josh stew. He spit it out on the floor, and muttered, "Damn these humans. They never put enough salt in." He rummaged through the cupboards, found the salt bin, and added a cup of salt to the stew. He stirred it around, took another taste, and nodded. "Much better." Then he heard a creak of the floorboards behind him, was hit on the head, and collapsed to the floor in unconsciousness.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

"I don't know what this is, but it smells worse than a goat," said the old man. "I think I'll put it in the compost heap."

He dragged the goat-sucker over to the heap, and shoveled some compost on top.

Just then, a man in a white cowboy hat rode in on a horse.

Chupacabras
Member # 6840

- posted      Profile for Chupacabras   Email Chupacabras         Edit/Delete Post 
*is roused by the heady smell of the compost heap*

Pancho, is that you?

Or was that me?

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

I'm pretty sure it was me, but...

Did anyone remember to leave a tip?

*pulls a wee spiderling out of his wallet, drops it on the table **ker-plunk** and coaxes it to run out of sight*

Chupacabras
Member # 6840

Here is a very good tip for you my friend:

Always shake out those boots before putting them on.

Too late?

That is too bad, but I know where you can find many of those baby spiders.

alluvion
Member # 7462

*looses*

"I cudda been a cudtender!"

*aw shucks, maybe I'll just go eat worms."

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

A voice is heard singing in the darkness:

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I guess I'll go eat worms.
First one was slimy,
Second one was grimy,
Third and fourth RETURNED!"

The sound of fake retching fades off into the night.

Cristopher Judge wanders over to Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks and asks, "Hey! How come no one invited me? And where's Rick? Too big-time to hang out?"

Amanda Tapping says, "He was here! He just didn't have time to hang around waiting for you. We left a voicemail! Don't you ever check that thing?"

Christopher Judge looks vague. "Where is my cell phone, anyway?"

Chupacabras
Member # 6840

*eats those stinking SG-1 characters*

*makes sound of true and un-fading retching*

Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Upon conclusion of the retching scene Granny, got on the Interweb and bought a one-way plane ticket to Miami. "I'm getting out of this dump once and for all," she said, "I'm not taking any more of this wacky magic."
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

Meanwhile, a dilapidated bus lurches through the night, rip-roaring across the pre-dawn desert scenery...
skillery
Member # 6209

It's the Partridge Family reunion tour!
alluvion
Member # 7462

and so it was...

that, [paste yer own]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Christopher Judge, covered in vomitus, heard the Partridge Family begin to sing, and got that stoic look on his face.

He turned to his companions grimly. "This is WORSE than a Goa'ould. We must save Earth. Let's go."

quidscribis
Member # 5124

"What, again?" asked Michael Shanks. "Is this the season ender already? We're always saving the world in some big, I don't know, over the top episode at the end of the season."

Amanda Tapping interrupted. "You're right. The first year, there was your alternate universe thing where the Goa'ould ships were on their way."

"Yeah. And there were the replicators, uh, how many times?"

"Replicators. Yup. And there were, oh, who cares! Let's kill those suckers!"

Amanda Tapping grabbed a zat and started shooting at everyone - characters, boom guys, cameramen. She made no distinction but shot them all.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

All the fanboys smiled as they fell, happy to be shot by Amanda Tapping.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Michael Shanks looked on in disgust at the smiling fanboys.

Until one of them approached him, making goo-goo eyes.

Michael Shanks ran.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

And fast.

Straight into the arms of an actual Goa'ould. You know the kind - the ones with the glowing white eyes. Fortunately, Michael had a zat in his hands, and he shot the Goa'ould with it. Unfortunately, the Goa'ould had his hand on Michael Shanks.

Which meant that Michael Shanks was struck down by his own zat.

skillery
Member # 6209

Granny finally arrives in Miami after being re-routed through LaGuardia.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Unfortunately for her, there's a hurricane headed her way.

She decides to go to the store and pick up some supplies. Unfortunately, all they have left is pork rinds, beef broth, guava juice, and margarine.

"Hmmm," she thinks, "I wonder if pork rinds taste good with guava juice?"

Chupacabras
Member # 6840

*Stirs at the bottom of the stinking but very warm compost heap*

*Eats a fat worm*

Needs cilantro

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The thread moved slowly down the page.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The hurricaine over, Granny emerged from the guava-smelling hut where she had sheltered and returned home.

Unfortunately for her, the SG-1 fans had taken over, and decided to have a convention and serve Rogan Josh for refreshements.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.