FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you had a Hatrack signature.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you had a Hatrack signature....
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
If Hatrack allowed sigs, what would be your stunning contribution?

I'm not lobbying to add signatures to our forum. Just curious that's all.

"El hombre de los moleculos!"

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid, I'm still in love with my Sakeriver sig:

"I'm not just eye-candy"

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
----------------

Teacher, mother, secret lover.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My sig on other forums is "It's ironic that it was because of children that I stayed home all these years. Now it is for the sake of the children that I'm traveling all over the world." ~Audrey Hepburn

I don't know if that'd be my sig here!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Here's one

"Insulting the universe. One person at a time."

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have one...

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever Tick or B5 quote strikes my fancy. For example:

"Oh, ho! So, foul gelatin, you would do battle with the nose of your birth?!"

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Speak Softly, Drive A Sherman Tank
Laugh Hard, It's A Long Way To The Bank - TMBG

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless it violates copyright stuff, I would have:

"I can't be contented with yesterdays glory
I can't live on promises winter to spring
Today is my moment, now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing"

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what use for all my other signatures

________

"The Mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

One of the best I've seen is on 'Sake. It's a shot of the guy and his robots from that show on SciFi (the name escapes me). The guy is pointing up saying "What a lame post!"

I give that one a "10" on the CrackUpscottneb-o-meter.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

The Anniest

6 posts down.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scottneb:
One of the best I've seen is on 'Sake. It's a shot of the guy and his robots from that show on SciFi (the name escapes me). The guy is pointing up saying "What a lame post!"

I give that one a "10" on the CrackUpscottneb-o-meter.

I love that one. Annie's no? [Smile]

quote:
Whatever Tick or B5 quote strikes my fancy. For example:
My favorite: "We are unarmed!"
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have trouble choosing.

For fluff stuff, I'd favor this:

quote:
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." -- Jack Handy
For serious posts, I'd favor this:

quote:
"A free and open society is an on-going conflict, interrupted periodically by compromises." -- Saul D. Alinsky
Or maybe I'd just go with this:

quote:
"That's the beauty of it...it doesn't DO anything!"
[Evil]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake, you're evil.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine at work is:

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have, and don't worry about the rest

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Beren, awesome episode.

"Don't make us bite you in hard to reach places!"
"We don't have hands; we can't possibly comply with their demands!"

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Over at mildlyamusing.com, I have a parody of Billy Joel's "The Entertainer" called "The Newsgroup Poster" that contains the following verse:

quote:
I am a newsgroup poster, whose .sig's a mile long
It's got an ASCII picture, a quote from my favorite song
It's got my email address, and my website's URL
My "handle," too, and my ICQ
A techie quote, and an inside joke
That I have with my friend Will.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
I would pick...

Keep the shiny side up, the rubber side down, and try not to hit anything!

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you think you're smart, you're not. Seriously, there's a gas station attendant in Colorado that has double your IQ."
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
This image and this link.

Or that link with this text:

"It's not easy being green."

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eruve Nandiriel:
Unless it violates copyright stuff, I would have:

"I can't be contented with yesterdays glory
I can't live on promises winter to spring
Today is my moment, now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing"

Yay! Everybody sing!

"Today while the blossoms still cling to the vine
I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine
A million tomorrows shall all pass away
Ere I forget all the joys that are mine today"

You picked my favorite verse, Eruve!

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that song. We used to sing it at camp, and it was one of my favorites. That verse has a lot of meaning for me, too.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
You drift down time clutching at straws, but what good is a brick to a drowning man?
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, I have a really hard time picking meaningful sigs.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
In the past, my favorite sig has been:

"I collected my thoughts; someday, I hope to have them all"~ Vlad Taltos

Current sigs on other forums:

"History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men-Godzilla!" (Blue Oyster Cult)

You do reach the point where remembering does not overwhelm you as it did in the beginning. You survive to see the day when you can love and laugh and enjoy the sunshine without feeling you are betraying your child by doing so. You realize that on the contrary, you are living his unlived years for and with him. We heal, but we remember, and living with the memory is part of the healing" Rabbi Harold Kushner

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
"A man like you should die gallantly!"
"That's the way I always die, fat man."

-Maxwell Smart

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad Hatrack doesn't allow signatures or pics, but if I did have a sig it would be:

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I gotta admit - there are days I felt that way about some of my past relationships. [Big Grin]

Personal sig?

quote:

Sometimes your grand purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Trevor
Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my signiture on another forum I visit:

"Sometimes life is like a box of chocolates and you get the yummy caramel ones, other times you get the yucky raspberry cremes that taste like @$$."

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I use

--
Pixier Than Thou

And sometimes I use

--
I used to stand on my head, but I got tired of footprints on my ear.

I have a handful of others but those are the ones I like best.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine'd be copyright infringement... lyrics from Defying Gravity, which is from Wicked. Absolutely LOVING that song right now!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
A short lyrical excerpt does not copyright infringement make.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have one, but Alucard's reminded me of a cool moment from X-files.

quote:
Life is like a box of chocolates: a cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefineable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an english toffee, but they're gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappings.

--The Cigarette-Smoking Man

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I generally use this:

"The road goes ever on and on,
down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
and I must follow if I can."
- JRR Tolkien

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine changes fairly often, usually a quote from the Internet or hatrackers/galactiqueros that made me giggle. Unless the hatracker/galactiquero in question decides to erase said quote, deleting any evidence that the quote was said.

You know who you are.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I change mine all the time, and rarely have the same one at more than one place.

My currently oldest one is:

---------------------------
This space for rent.
---------------------------

mostly because I haven't come up with anything better that I feel like putting there. My current favorite is:

----------------------------
I love to give homemade gifts. Which of my kids would you like?
----------------------------

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
mine changes often, but one part stays:

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point. ~ Blaise Pascal

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 

or

or

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, There may be no I in "team" but you can't have a team without M and E.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

"We apologise for the inconvenience."
-GOD

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Fitz,

Being a HUGE X-Files fan, and holding a fond place in my rotten heart for TCSM, I weep at your quote.

Sadly, mine was not from there, specifically. But nevertheless, that was beautiful.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I have this one at Kylie's forum (my title there is The Fundamentalist, which goes very well with the signature.) [Big Grin]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You know who you are.

*whistles*
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
"We rise out of the trenches and charge the entrenched enemy and die like maggots under a blowtorch. We strap bombs on our bodies and and blow ourselves up in the midst of our enemies. We are, when the cause is sufficient, insane." --Orson Scott Card

"The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand." --Carl Sagan

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eruve Nandiriel:
I love that song. We used to sing it at camp, and it was one of my favorites. That verse has a lot of meaning for me, too.

Whoa! Eruve, what camp did you go to? We used to sing it at my camp too - Camp Christian, Magnetic Springs, Ohio.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I went to a Girl Scout Camp. It was one of the older songs that I liked (along with Blowin' in the wind). They don't sing that kind of stuff there much, anymore. I went back as a councilor and had to help teach some of the older songs to the staff.
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably this:

Either that or, if it wouldn't violate any copyright taboos:

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
----------------------

...but by the grace of God, some Vaseline, and these two fingers, I think I got most
of them back in.

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.