FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXXI: The Pith and the Pendulum (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXXI: The Pith and the Pendulum
reparty
Member # 6884

- posted      Profile for reparty   Email reparty         Edit/Delete Post 
Punwit, glad to see you still have a stake in the art, not afraid of ire and can still verbal it.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reparty
Member # 6884

I did some research on the musical based on Anna Leonowens. She was an English tutor for a prince in Bangkok in the mid 1800's. The king, being Budhist, preferred that the Christian Leonowens be discrete. She would apparently take communion while traveling in Chinese taxis that had just been introduced to the region. She would quietly leave the palace every Sunday and that's when the teacher's rickshaw Mass occured.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reparty
Member # 6884

Did you know that after the liberation of France in WWII the women of the US Army were treated to very luxurious lodgings. The manager was not at first in favor, but considering the improvement over Nazi occupation he felt obliged. After further consideration, the head of Paris Hilton was impelled during the host of WACS.

[ May 23, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: reparty ]

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread seems desolate and deserted, but I've been infected with a desire to write some puns. It's all the rage in London, you know. So don't just lay there, hurry up to catch the spreading pun fever!
Hmmm... No bites yet? I've got my eye on the new blood (or vice-versa) to liven up this dead thread. We're starving for puns here, it's plane to see.
Or is the pun smackdown all over? It looks like I was 28 days late.

--Enigmatic
(perhaps more reference than pun, but I had to do it)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Enigmatic, this pun thread is dead. Why dig it up? Tomb many puns are just not good for us.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I like the tomb pun, Elizabeth. I almost came up with a Tomb Raider pun to go with it. But then I remembered* that the thread was about scary movies, not horrorble movies.

--Enigmatic

*this must be what you do after you've dismembered.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think only the mod and our hosts can dis-member you.

I came out here to relay the story of a guy I met who absolutely hates public transportation. Every day you can see him down by the corner heckling passengers and drivers alike. He waves a sign. Since this is a family forum, I really can't print what it says on there, but let's just say it rhymes with succubus and leave it at that.

then there was the guy who died when he fell into a vat of Gold Bond medicated ointment. The good news is that his family saved a lot on the funeral costs. Heck, he was already in balmed.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to take a stab at this thread. It's always been very near to my heart. You could even say I have a stake in it.

--Enigmatic

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't take much morgue of this.

Of course, I will have to give you points for showing such spirit!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.