FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What to do in Iraq?

Author Topic: What to do in Iraq?
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
While I have considered joining the Blogging community once I am in country (I leave tomarrow for Kuiat) I do not think I will.

I have never really liked to keep a journal of daily activities, I mean apart from checking off workouts and such. I like to jot much less cronological thoughts.

So anyway I will be writing a group of short stories and a novel to pass the time. I had the uplifting experience yesterday of reading a novel that I created the plot for back when, and seeing what I would have done differently since we had the same premise. I would do it better.

Still my main work will be to be a soldier. I do not expect to be able to get on this list much at all after today. I know I will be missed, just not by the people who need me most. [Wink]

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
*coughs*
*sneeze

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
So,BC...have you seen any of your alts lately?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been online much, but I was wondering if there was any reason to believe or disbelieve BC's posts about military service at all?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

There isn't, Rakeesh. Especially considering the fact that he confessed to not being in the military about 6 months ago or so. I'll have to hunt down the thread.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

It looks like he deleted his old post as TheDisgruntledPostman stating that he was Bean Counter and that it was all just a gas. Ha-effin-ha.

I'll repost my comments from that thread...
quote:
Dear Bean Counter,

I find you and the young males like you on this board to be increasingly frustrating. You need to grow out of your infantile love of the military. Guns and tanks and stuff may be neato when you're in grade school, but those of us who have matured beyond junior high realize that the military isn't all that cool and is just as fallible as any other institution. They can make mistakes.

I'd also better not find out that you or anybody else has been pretending to go to Iraq for any reason. I have three family members who've been in the Middle East and they didn't risk their lives so a bunch of punk kids can use the social status associated with going to war to push their own poorly thought-out, childish agenda.

My brother was nearly killed twice, once by a mortar another time while driving the Hummer at the end of a convoy. He didn't spend seven months in Junction City and Fallujah because Bush is awesome or he thought that what they were doing in Iraq was good for the country- he did it because he was ordered there and he followed those orders like a good soldier.

What he did was not "neat." He didn't like it. He prefers being back home in the US and we're all glad he's back. He doesn't like war-few people do-and those who do have some serious problems they need to work out.

I can't do anything to you. You are anonymous and I'm sure you're well aware of this- which is why you continue in your games. I can't travel to your house to beat the living ... stuff out of you- even though you deserve it. I don't really have the time to make sure your time on the internet is a living hell, but I do know that I'm sick of your crap and I'm happy to see that the rest of hatrack is. So... I conclude with this...

Go to hell.
-Glynn

[edit: to fix a preposition]

[ May 16, 2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

What do you have to say for yourself, Bean Counter?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Centurion. [Frown]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo!! I think this is me.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Really? I was thinking this, but the more I think about it, the more you may be right. You can be one seriously catty chick, when the mood strikes.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] Even if there were that many indecorous references here on Hatrack, I'd probably be able to deal with them. And people don't usually target me, so that's nice. If they did, I'd show them what for!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

So is Primal Curve right about you, Bean Counter?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
He can't answer you either way. He is either in Iraq right now, and unable to get online, or he is in the good old USA, pretending to be in Iraq, and unable to go online.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I suppose you're right, Elizabeth. I am curious, though: does anyone else feel as Primal Curve does? Is there a 'Hatrack consensus' on Bean Counter, so to speak?

It's a pretty serious accusation, and I don't know if I should respond to anything he posts or not-one `racker's word isn't enough to go on, sorry PC. (Not because I think you're deliberately lying, but I'm kind of hoping this is some awful misunderstanding)

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's a troll, who sees web forums not as communities but as games to provoke responses, but I think he probably is heading to Iraq. I just think he's obfuscated the truth enough so to get PC posts which he can then refute victoriously (and self-righteously) such that PC is chastised.

He considers himself a "warrior", constantly training and exercising to stay sharp.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

He has admitted to being a fraud on more than one occasion....he has been caught red handed more than once using multiple screen names, just to prop up his arguments....he has been caught lying about where he currently was, on multiple occasions.

I wouldn't say I completely agree with PC, because there are plenty of people in the military who DO prefer combat, although I doubt it is a majority, because of the fast track promotions and the chance to use their training.

However, I do agree with him overall about BC, for more than one reason.

I think that I have been a pretty fair person overall, even to people who come in here flaming away on their first few posts. I call people on ignorance, but I don't care if they have the same political views as me, or if they agree or disagree with me on any particular issue.

I do care about how they present their arguments, and how they treat this board and the people on it.

BC has given all of us multiple reasons to disbelieve everything he says, all of which I have seen with my own two eyes....it isn't rumor, or false accusations against him, I was the one who caught him at it a few times, as did TomD, PC, Ralphie.....

If you would rather believe him than us, fine, that is your choice. I know one thing...soldier or not, he is a liar, fraud, and not to be trusted in this or anything else.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm not sure if BC is or is not in the military, I am pretty sure he lies and plays games on-line for his own amusement. He has been questioned and found wanting by many, many Hatrackers who have taken the time to research and follow up on his claims. So my inclination is to take everything he says with a grain of salt. If that.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, this is so totally aka.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I do think that some of those qualities are true of her, but not all of them...as is true of any sterotype. [Big Grin]

I have found her arguments to be very pursuasive more than once, and I don't see her as all that fragile.

[Big Grin]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I think they should have an entry for "Southern Woman." That would cover a certain group of passive/aggresive women who really get on my nerves. "It's not you, I just think all people like you are incredibly stupid."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.