FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, who wants to hear and/or watch me sing right at this moment? Another Song!

Author Topic: So, who wants to hear and/or watch me sing right at this moment? Another Song!
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
If you do, go to this internet place thinger, please.

It's rough around the edges, but I just got the camcorder and thought it would be fun to sing a bit and put it online. Check it out and stuff.

[ May 27, 2005, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
That was very nice. You have a great voice. Thank you for putting it out there.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Thanks Kent.

I'd just like to say that Em7 and I have a love/hate relationship. I think she's just jealous of my deep abiding love of Em9, her sweet, melancholy sister.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Despite the wobbly scratchy quality to your voice that my flawed media player added for effect, very nice. I always liked that song, and you do have a good voice for it. [Smile]
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

So I sounded like the bard in the cartoon version of Return of the King?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Glynn, you sound awesome. Really. And you play even better than you sound. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Thanks Raia, though I'm not sure what your last statement means, exactly. I play guitar better than I sing? I'm confused.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, it was supposed to be a compliment, but I phrased it really badly... you sing beautifully, and your playing is superb!

We should do a duet sometime.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Thanks. I figured that's what you meant, but all of my syntax-interpreting powers are being used up trying to figure out what 401k participants want when they call in asking about their "four-oh-one-oh-kays" and their "eyerahs."
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!! I like! Its almost scary how much you sound like my CD of that song...

(and now I can look at your fingers and learn it myself! bwah!)

just out of curiosity, who was that in the background at the end, and did they know they were on camera?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Thanks. That was my wife, and no, she didn't. :P
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

*shameless self-promotion bump*
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Anyone know a decent fingering for A/G#? It's a finger-bender.
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. [Smile]
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Beautiful.
Awesome song.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

[Confused] Thanks, dude.
Wow, a compliment from Thor. I feel guilty now for being an ass. Here, I'll hit myself on the head for you. [Wave]

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm listening to this right now. Very well done.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"If you question what I would do...to be older and be wtih you."

Awesome! [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Oops. I double-checked. That line is supposed to be "To get over and be with you." Ah well, that's what I get for not listening closely to lyrics. I had them written out in front of me too. Though, I was mostly just singing from memory, with the lyrics in front of me as reference (I tend to forget where I am in a song and start singing the wrong part).
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Thanks for the compliments Beren, solo.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

So, I tossed together another late-night recording of myself playing guitar and singing. It can be found here.
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. You're voice is like butter! When the first one started I was like, "wooohooo Barenaked Ladies!" I love that song. Thirteen was beautiful as well. Excellent job.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I just listened to both songs... Awesome! [Cool]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"That line is supposed to be "To get over and be with you."

Bah, I like our version better. [Smile]

"I was born to bring trouble to wherever I'm at."

Yeah, that sounds like you alright. [Razz]

Another terrific song. Although I wish the camera would pan up to your face instead of your crotch.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Haha. Yeah. I need to get a decent camera angle for that. I'm using the wide-angle lens, if you can believe it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.