FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thread derailed in topic...I hate cats.

Author Topic: Thread derailed in topic...I hate cats.
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
HA! Beat that KoM [Razz]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate people who hate cats. [Frown]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry quid. I'm allergic to them.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah... excuses.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

Oooh, I just remembered that there were kitties in my dream tonight! Two of them! Argh, but now I can't recall how they looked like! They were cute, though...
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom's allergic to cats too. She's technically allergic to anything with fur, but since we've found that out, we've had a dog and two hamsters. And she loves our dog as much as anyone.

But cats she's REALLY allergic to.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm severely allergic to dogs, but I sure don't hate them.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

Mimsies, you're derailing the thread.

[Razz]

mimsies
Member # 7418

quote:
Mimsies, you're derailing the thread.
If you think that's bad, you shoud hear me sing.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oooh! *wants to hear you sing*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

heh heh heh. If you're ever visiting while I'm in the shower, I guess you'll be in luck.
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, yay!
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I don't like cats, either. They always scratch me, and Hubby is allergic.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

Speaking of cats and singing - did you hear about the latest gossip from Micronesia?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be alergic to cats, but I still love them.
And also RABBITS.
I am not alergic to those, so that is good.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, rabbits taste real good.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind cats, although I'm definitely, decidedly allergic.

My husband (who is more allergic than me) thinks they have too much attitude to be companion animals for him.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
yeah, rabbits taste real good.

That really Bugs me.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Megan:
My husband (who is more allergic than me) thinks they have too much attitude to be companion animals for him.

On the other hand, I'm not much of a dog person because most dogs I've met are too needy. And taking care of a dog is much more time consuming than caring for a cat. If I want to go away for a long weekend, I just have to make sure the water fountain is full, the food dish is full, and the litter boxes are clean and my three cats will be fine. I couldn't do that with a dog without asking a neighbor to help.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Karl... cats are great for folks who don't want to be tied down. Although I suspect his three cats will do better than my one cat this weekend because they have each other to keep them company.

I've always distrusted people who don't like cats. Probably because of my cousin's super creepy husband who used to scare me when I was a kid...

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Karl, I think it definitely depends on what your needs are in a companion animal. Sometimes I envy the ease with which cat people can leave their animals behind, but in the end I'm best as a dog person--I love the neediness and cuddliness and welcoming me home greeting dance. [Big Grin]

I'm really, really glad, though, that there are lots of people of both types...all the more to give animals homes that wouldn't otherwise have them.

Maui babe: And I tend to be skeptical of people who don't like dogs; I tend to think it's just because they haven't ever really gotten to know a good puppy before. [Wink]

To my mind, to each their own.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkRiku
Member # 7979

- posted      Profile for DarkRiku   Email DarkRiku         Edit/Delete Post 
I love cats!!!!! I have two. One is evil but the other is cool.
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have a cat but my freezer is already crowded.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.