FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Addicted: now with a mini rant (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Addicted: now with a mini rant
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
woohooo, third pickup just walked away.... I have a patio again!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no one in Sri Lanka. Not in the entire country.

Why am I not surprised?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I have so many people coming to get things I had to make a chart. We are cleaning out the garage(and doing a general house purge befpre new carpets come tomorrow)
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Grrr.
The people came to take down the chain link fence. I said they could have it if they took it down.
They did.
And they left a mess behind. A tangle of wire was in the grass, away from where the fence was, and my husband ran over it with his brand new riding mower.
Nothing I can do, I just thought it was rude not to clean up the mess.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins*

Well, it was - but should you have the opportunity to advertise again, include "cleanup of any mess made during removal expected" clause. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That would tick me off too.

What drives me nuts are the fold who post "WANTED: Working SUV" or "WANTED: Hot Tub".

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, I know!

I am not interested in getting a thing. i just want to get rid of stuff. And the fence being gone is really great.

The woman who contacted me first told a friend about it. It is really bugging me, but I can't decide to say something or ignore it. There is no benefit to saying anything, other than getting it off my chest. It is already cleaned up, and I don't really want them calling to apologize.
It is just an annoyance.

"Let it go, Mom." That is what my daughter would say.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Here's one, Romanylass!

"Would really love a hot tub. If you have one ,or know of someone who
may have for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you"

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I just joined ours last week! We're going to be moving in the next month, so we'll have stuff to get rid of as well as stuff we need. What a great idea.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It is amazing what people take. I am so glad, because so much of it would go to the dump.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.