FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you could look like any celebrity... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you could look like any celebrity...
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Audrey Tautou is quite pretty too, in a not-needing-loads-of-makeup way (the best way). I think I'll make her second on my list.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
My older brother looked so much like Kurt Browning (during Kurt's bearded, pre-balding phase) that he'd get free drinks in bars despite his protestations that he was not, in fact, a world champion figure skater.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, much as we all say 'I'd like to look like so-and-so', I think it'd be a pain to *actually* look like someone famous. My boss at one job was an exact replica of Bill Murray - he even spoke like him - and he'd have people in cities asking for autographs all the time. He hated it.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
This is easy.

Steve Buscemi [Wink]

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome choice.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy has always made it clear to me that if Angelina Jolie ever invites her over for a night of sex, the only objections to which I'm entitled are to concern, say, the quantity of pictures taken.

-----

In my case, the problem is that while there are times I'd want to look like a hot young thing, there are other times when I'd rather look like a tough, grizzled vet or a friendly old man with crinkly eyes. So it's rather tough to say which. I suppose Robert Redford has managed to mostly gracefully bridge all three categories.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryoko
Member # 4947

- posted      Profile for Ryoko   Email Ryoko         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were female: Hope Davis

If I were male: Norm Abram (New Yankee Workshop)

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Emmy Rossum from Phantom of the Opera is stunning.
I was told repeatedly, actually, that I looked like Emmy Rossum with lighter hair and eyes when she appeared in Songcatcher.

Does that mean I have the potential to be stunning, too? [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
As for the answer to the question...

The more I think about it, the more I think that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

See, the girls in this thread are obviously choosing to look like women they are attracted to...

And I am kinda liking their choices more then the men I can think of. The idea of being attracted to myself is pretty cool...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess I would like to look more like Hayden Christensen, or Tom Welling. Yeah, that'd be kind of cool. Oh well. I'm me, at that's ok.

Oh, and isn't is funny that Beverly's picture for Catherine Zeta Jones is at nudefreecelebrities.com/catherine-zeta-jones-naked.jpg
[Eek!]

[ June 10, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: IanO ]

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, neither of the sites she linked to are ones I would have expected from her. [Eek!]

I'm assuming she found the pics with google.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I used google images. I didn't care what the sites were, I just picked my favorite picture.

And boy, both of those celebs have an abundance of nudie pics that came up!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Bev, I'm right there with you on Jennifer Connelly. My second choice would be Natalie Portman.

If I were a guy, I'd want to be Matt Damon or Edward Norton. Christian Bale would be nice too, but it might be a burden being that hot.

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

yeah, I do the same (google images). It just caught my eye and I thought it was funny.
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
My second choice would be Natalie Portman.

But she's so flat. And you're so not. And that's a good thing.

I think you're more gorgeous than either of them to begin with, Lucky.

imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, BtL, is your brother single? [Smile]

I'd have to go with Charlize Theron who couldn't possibly look less like me. (Not to say I'm that dissatisfied with my looks.)

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does that mean I have the potential to be stunning, too?
Especially if you dig guys with masks.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Then where's my multi-million dollar movie contract? *glares in the general direction of Hollywood*

(But really, KQ, thanks for making my day! [Big Grin] You're looking pretty fine yourself! *wiggles eyebrows*)

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Kiss]
Anastasia
Member # 8159

- posted      Profile for Anastasia   Email Anastasia         Edit/Delete Post 
a not-too-young Ann-Margret
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Beverly, my first two choices would have been exactly what yours were.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Natalie's not flat... and she really is beautiful.

Oh, and I almost wrote Emmy Rossum, and then I didn't, because it seemed silly. I'm not sure why.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeonabicyclem4
Member # 8209

- posted      Profile for lifeonabicyclem4   Email lifeonabicyclem4         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definately pick Alexis Bledel

http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/images/alexis-bledel/alexis-bledel-017-img.jpg

http://www.donne.org/gallery/albums/Alexis-Bledel/alexis084.sized.jpg

Edit: Raia, Hello there! [Wave] No, it's not from the song. I thought of it myself.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Welcome, lifeonabicyclem4! [Wave]

Is your screen name from the song? I don't remember the name of it, but I love it! The one that's like ♪ You look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle made for two! ♫

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

("Daisy Bell".)
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks, KQ. I knew it was something like that. [Smile]
Faire
Member # 8065

- posted      Profile for Faire   Email Faire         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would pick Gisele Bundchen, but maybe Angelina Jolie.

I think she is ultra sexy.

If I was going to pick a guy, I'd probably say Heath Ledger.

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate Winslet or Jennifer Ehle .
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to have shoulders like Linda Hamilton's in Terminator 2.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

I think Linda Hamilton in the FIRST Terminator was much more attractive then her more "stringy" self in the second.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't disagree with you more.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

It's the same reason why I don't find hardcore women body-builders attractive. I don't like seeing veins.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
So is this really a "if I could take a pill and change my appearance, here's who I'd look like" thread? I really wouldn't want to look like anyone else other than myself. There are indivudual things about my appearance that I'd change if I could/am changing currently--I'm no fan of male pattern baldness, for example, and I've still got some weight to lose--but I wouldn't want to just look like somebody else.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So is this really a "if I could take a pill and change my appearance, here's who I'd look like" thread?
Nah. I think it's just a "Whose looks I admire the most thread."

I third the vote for Kate Winslet. Her beauty is so sunny and real. I love the way she looks...and I wouldn't mind standing next to Johnny Depp either. [Smile]

[ June 10, 2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, okay, that's much less creepy. Hmmm...whose looks do I admire?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ruth: Great minds think alike. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've always wanted to have shoulders like Linda Hamilton's in Terminator 2.
ME TOO. Her musculature in that movie was awesome.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I also love the way Kate Winslet looks. I add her to my list. [Smile]
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always kinda fancied the James Garner-look.

*call me stupid*

but, he's got more class than Eastwood, for a comparison of near ages.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I have a cousin who is a dead ringer for Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. They look so much alike as to be uncanny.
Raia
Member # 4700

Hey alluvion, I don't think you're stupid... I think James Garner is VERY classy.
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Harrison Ford
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! I just came up with a better one! I would love to look like Ben Kingsley.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Samuel L. Jackson
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. Ben Kingsley and James Garner are wonderful. Good choices. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

[Hat]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.