FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Fantasy Football league on Yahoo! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Fantasy Football league on Yahoo!
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
Yessss

I'm in.

(Try and guess my name...)

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in! Woohoo!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!

The 25th sounds great to me and the more the merrier!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
graywolfe=The Choking Paradigm (in honor of my playoff history).
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Only 2 spots left
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
One spot left
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Wow…. This is going to be a deep league.
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to have to do your research to know anyones name by the 10th round...
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Only one spot left.
Last chance to get in.
It won't let me raise it anymore.
We need one more to keep it an even number.
Fun fun fun.
Don't forget to do your prerankings.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
This might just be one of the lowest-scoring years in Hatrack Fantasy Football history - for how many starting running backs are there? 32. The odds of anyone getting a major points-caliber QB and RB? Slim to none.

How exciting [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Yeah, for sure. And think about off weeks. It’ll be impossible to have back ups. Someone is going to have to have an awesome draft or be really lucky with some rookies.
Jay
Member # 5786

Only one open spot left. We need to get an even number too.

Don't forget the draft will be set on the 25th so have your pre rankings ready.

Enjoy!

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
In Year 2, the first year I played, we had 20 players and two QB spots, two RB spots, two WR spots, a TE spot, a K spot, and a D spot. That was deep. Trying to get even a starting QB was ridiculous.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever gets Manning this year is taking it. I feel very bad for whoever gets the #20 draft position.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Yeah, but they'll get picks 20 and 21 - doesn't the league rotate like that? So whoever gets #1 would then get #40.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

True, but I'd rather get a huge star and a bunch of dregs then get a bunch of mid-level dregs. Actually if you get like #7ish that's also pretty bad since all the top stars are taken but you're still going to be getting the dregs like #1. I'm so negative [Smile] ...
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
This will make for a good draft and season.

Today, I was at a sportsbar, and guys were holding their draft their, I got to look at thier 1st 2 rounds.

Interesting info.

Terrell Owens went in the first round.

I ain't taking him

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

I just set the draft to ready.
Fun.

Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by The Silverblue Sun:
Terrell Owens went in the first round.

I ain't taking him

Likewise.
Jay
Member # 5786

TO is on my do not draft list.

Along with Randy Moss

Sopwith
Member # 4640

Wish it would go ahead and draft! I'm excited to see how this all shakes out.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Draft is done! WOO!!!!!!!!
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate my team. [The Wave]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Wow..... there is nobody on free agents!
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
So I have Donovan McNabb at starting QB (finally, I've had him as my top pick every single year). I have Eli Manning as a backup QB, not too shabby.

I have a wide reciever that got 980 yards last year, along with one who got 800. Pretty nice. My starting TE also had 980 yards last year [Cool] .

At running back, my guy got almost 1500 yards and 12 TDs last year. Yikes. If he's even half that productive this year he was a steal.

I would say I am very pleased with my draft results [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Dang Xavier.... sounds like a great draft!
Jay
Member # 5786

Check out my public league:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/529314/7

calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
At least I got Jerry Rice, he's my hero.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

I got Pennington as my starting qb...eh. I got Marvin Harrison Torry Holt, so I could some pretty good recievers. I'm not so crazy about Staley and Duckett, though.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

I went with a really different draft strategy and my plan held through it appears until about the sixth round. Not too bad.

I've got some fair players and a few sleepers that I'm happy with, but those last two drafts left me scratching my head. Akili Smith (who won't make the team at TB) and the New Orleans defense?? Both of those lame-os have been released back into the wild.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

My draft strategy fell through after the first round. The New York Giant defense?!
Sopwith
Member # 4640

NFL, don't feel too bad about that defense. They were ball-hawks against Carolina last week. They might not be able to post any shut outs, but you're going to get some points from interceptions.

They've got a fair pair of DBs and their safeties are much better than I expected.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Ok, NYG for Carolina. Do we have a deal? [Razz]
Sopwith
Member # 4640

Hehehe, nuh uhn, no way, nope, nope, nope.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Dolfansnlions.
Jay
Member # 5786

That prevents the one who gets up at 3 AM from getting all the hot players left after the draft.

Like there is much of anything left........

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
HA HA HA HA HA HA!

That's the thing about auto-draft.
You don't know when what and where you're drafting.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

My strategy this year was to go running back heavy. I didn't get any running backs. HA HA HA.

BUT I did get the BEST recieving core in the League.

Randy Moss (he rules, I moon those who say other wise)

Andre Johnson (my faveorite player in the league)

Laverneous Coles (will do good if pennington holds up)

Jeremy Shockey (will do good if NYG have a qb)

My running backs are pooh and crap.

That's my weakness.

And my QB is Leftwich who can put up big numbers.

If anyone needs a WR let me know, I need an RB.

I ain't parting with Moss or Johnson, Coles and Shockey are on the table.

Woot!

Let's do this!

Brettly I'm kicking your ass!

Jay I'm kicking your ass!

and NewFoundLogic you Loon,
I'm stomping you into dust!!!!!

Let the games begin!!!

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

The Supermen RULE!
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I don't see myself capable of making a trade, unless someone is really high on Ronnie Brown...

I can't afford to give up my decent receivers or LT. I have feeling no one going to be as high on Drew Brees as I am so that doesn't leave me with much. I openly admit my bench players are garbage.

Championships for Dolfansnlions-1.
Championships for Supermen-0.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I thought he was runner up the first two years. Then in year three it was the 7 seed vs the 8 seed (me) for the championship. Last year I can't remember who won because I was eliminated from playoff contention pretty early.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Well if you won, obviously he didn't. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

I didn't play in year one, but I seem to remember Thor claiming he finished second.

KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will say this. Hickory Huskers have a very strong looking team. I am most worried about them. Everyone else seems to have a least a hole or 2
or 7 or 8 in my case....The 18th pick and I end up with Vick.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

I do have to say that I've got a couple of fellows on my team that I've never even heard of.

I think I managed to get the Denver waterboy/5th string tight end.

Jay
Member # 5786

Can't wait to knock Civic Minded Five back to pee wee league in the first week!
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by newfoundlogic:
I thought he was runner up the first two years. Then in year three it was the 7 seed vs the 8 seed (me) for the championship. Last year I can't remember who won because I was eliminated from playoff contention pretty early.

I won last year! I feel so... unremembered. [Frown]

But I am back and mostly ready to try to make the playoffs this year - I'm at least 4-4 on making the playoffs, even if last year was the first I landed on the top side of the brackets...

I will just say that the waiver game is going to be ridiculous this year. Talk about no chance for mid-season pickups.

KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope just to be a .500 team.

Although, I had already signed up for 1 team before this and that draft went pretty well. How I ever ended up with this lineup is beyond me:

Manning (QB), Martin and Westbrook (RB), An. Johnson WR, Baltimore and Pitsburgh (DEF), Stover and Reed (K).

Some of my backups can be starters on other teams! I guess that is a big difference between 10 and 20 teams.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

I'll send Torry Holt and Duce Staley for a decent reciever and rb.
GaalD
Member # 6222

Or switch Lee Suggs for Staley if you'd rather have him.
GaalD
Member # 6222

Ummm, JaimeB? [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.