FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Fantasy Football league on Yahoo! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Fantasy Football league on Yahoo!
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am just too big of a Jones fan to trade him, despite my needs at WR.

Now, Vick I will trade

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalD:
Whoever gets Manning this year is taking it. I feel very bad for whoever gets the #20 draft position.

guess who got Manning? heeeheeee
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
And guess who got the #20 draft position? [Big Grin] (Ok it wasn't me, I got 17, but that still sounded cool)
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hickory Huskers really got lucky when they drew me in week 10, I'll have four starters on a bye week. [Grumble]

Also I made an offer to CM5. Basically I want Harrington as a backup and you need a TE. I'm willing to negotiate, but I can't claim to have much leeway, I have no depth at any position except possibly TE.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually if anyone is interested in either Pollard or Graham I'd be willing to deal for a defense, a better kicker, or real depth at WR or RB.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

I have Patrick Ramsey to trade away if you want him Brettly.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Evryone must like their teams! No trades yet.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Its just that nobody really has much to give up! We can trade our third string guys till we are blue in the face, but every starter for starter trade which doesn't involve the same position leaves a hole somewhere methinks.

But with that said, I happen to have two starting quarterbacks on my team, and I would be willing to let go of Eli Manning if anyone has a decent running back or defense to trade me (or wide reciever I suppose, though I am relatively deep at that position). He may not have done very well last year, but a lot of experts are listing him as a "sleeper" pick at QB. Let me know if you are interested.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sopwith:
I went with a really different draft strategy and my plan held through it appears until about the sixth round. Not too bad.

I've got some fair players and a few sleepers that I'm happy with, but those last two drafts left me scratching my head. Akili Smith (who won't make the team at TB) and the New Orleans defense?? Both of those lame-os have been released back into the wild.

My plan was simple, in my prerankings, my top 25 players would all be running backs, mostly running backs who catch passes too. Then I'd rank them according to skill. It paid off handsomely, I'm strong at running back (#2 and #17 ranked RB's in Alexander and Lamont Jordan), strong at WR (DJACK, Jimmy Smith and Larry Fitz, three WR's ranked in the top 25 at WR), and I have a very nice high upside TE in Troupe, to go with another high upside TE in Courtney Anderson who stole Doug Jolley's gig last year. I've got decent depth with Mewelde Moore (likely to start week one in Minny and maybe steal the RB job from lacklustre Michael Bennett), K. Curtis (Martz expects him to have Bruce-like #'s this year), and Bobby Engram (caught 8 TD's as a 3rd WR for Seattle last year)to go with newly annoited starter Tim Ratay.

Indeed my only weakness is at QB and Kicker. Rackers was terrible in Cincy before finally getting his head straight in Arizona, and at QB Rattay and Carr don't strike me as world beaters, but I'm set at RB, set at WR with great depth, and set at Defense too with two excellent defenses.

Not to be disrespectful, but it looked like some of you guys and ladies either didn't edit the prerankings, or the computer really screwed you (I tend to think the former as I've never had a bad draft as long as I edited the crazy stupid prerankings in four years of doing this)over. Good luck all. Even though I believe I have the best or second best squad, I never fail to lose in the playoffs so I believe I'll live up to my name, "The Choking Paradigm".

QB: Carr
RB: Alexander
RB: Jordan
WR: DJack
WR: J. Smith
WR: L. Fitz
TE: Anderson/Troupe
K: Rackers
D: Pittsburgh.

Won't be very easy beating that lineup this year in a 20 team league (5 players ranked in the consensus top 72, not bad for a 20 team league). Btw, I'm in the market for a QB, Engram, K. Curtis and the like are available. Will consider moving starters but only for elite talent/combo trades.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Good stuff! I like mine ok.

QB M. Bulger
WR J. Porter
WR J. McCareins
WR D. Stallworth
RB R. Droughns
RB M. Faulk
TE A. Becht
K M. Vanderjagt
DEF Arizona

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is really oddd....
I joined a second league that a friend is running. Guess who got Manning in that one, too? Also got 3 other players and a defense that I have on Hatrack. And that one had a live draft with me absent!

Either it's finally my year to do well or something is going to happen to Manning this season... (knocking on wood that it's the former)

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Cool feature in our league - when you click on matchup, there's a poll at the bottom that you can vote on who'll win. Might be cool to play around with it. The button to click to vote for a manager didn't show up on my screen, but it's just below the helmet in case anyone else has this problem.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Velly intellestink... I saw the vote links at the bottom of the active roster listings, in case you're still looking for it, Jay. And now I see what the Edit Smack thing is about, we didn't have that in my league last year.
Jay
Member # 5786

Come on, ya gotta have some kind of silly talk! Someone on the team is going mouth off
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Having fun yet, Brettly?
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not hopeless for me yet, I just need McNabb to have a 33 point night... Its possible, right?

about 400 yards and 4 touchdowns should do the trick I think...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I expected to go into tonight trailing(since I have TO, Reggie Brown, David Akers, and the eagles' defense playing tonight), but I'm already ahead. [Smile] My team rocks.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

Tonight is exciting for me for both of my leagues. In Hatrack league I'm trailing four points with Duckett and L Smith (TE for Philly) left to play with no one playing tonight from my opponent. In my other league I'm up 14 and my opponent has Philly's D and Akers left to play. If Duckett runs in a TD I'll be set in both.
GaalD
Member # 6222

I also feel kind of bad for the Supermen. It must suck scoring 73 points, but getting beaten by 1 point. He would've beaten anyone else by alot.
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Brettlycrushers?? If you see this soon...I proposed a trade and need to know ASAP because I need that hole filled on my lineup before Sunday...thanks
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Current Standings:

1. Goody's Scriveners 6-0-0 1.000 378 W-6
2. The Choking Paradigm 4-1-1 .750 454 W-4
3. Solar Hawks 4-2-0 .667 367 L-1
4. Blue Knights 4-2-0 .667 330 L-1
5. The Bombs 4-2-0 .667 302 W-3
6. The Foundation 4-2-0 .667 295 W-1
7. Montery Mud Boggers 4-2-0 .667 273 W-1
8. The NinjaBirdmen 3-2-1 .583 322 T-1
9. Hickory Huskers 3-2-1 .583 320 T-1
10. Brettly's CRUSHERS 3-3-0 .500 361 L-1
11. Dolfansnlions 3-3-0 .500 350 W-1
12. Mighty Ketchups 3-3-0 .500 236 L-2
13. Civic Minded Five 2-4-0 .333 311 L-4
14. Nebulizers 2-4-0 .333 279 L-2
15. Sopwith's Camels 2-4-0 .333 275 L-1
16. Ender 2-4-0 .333 246 W-2
17. Ryoko w/ an O 2-4-0 .333 237 L-2
18. THE SUPERMEN 1-4-1 .250 275 L-4
19. Bmore Bombers 1-5-0 .167 297 W-1
20. Kramer's Cigars 1-5-0 .167 250 W-1

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

DOOD!!!!!!!! I'm undefeated????? That's gotta be a typo!!!
GaalD
Member # 6222

So who's the Blue Knights? It's a big game next week between us two, #4 vs. #6.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Can't keep me down for long!

(And for the first time in recent history, I'm cheering for the Bears this weekend - I need Orton to have a big day! It's really hard to do, however, and goes against everything I've ever been taught.)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
NFL moved the Miami Dolphin game to Friday, 7 PM due to Wilma. Plan accordingly
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to say that it's pretty rough being in a 20-team league. If you end up with a couple of clunkers on your team, the pickings are mighty slim in free agency.

But heck, I'm having a great time trying to find some diamonds in the rough. (I'm finding mainly gravel in the rough, though.)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

Carrie: Orton better do bad or I'm going to be very fed up with Baltimore's defense (although they did have a great week last week...which doubled their total points for the entire year...)

I've been going crazy in the free agency for recievers. I started the year with such a great recieving core. Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, and Braylon Edwards (who was doing great before missing the last 3 weeks because of a bye and then injury). Now I'm picking up recievers and dropping them non-stop. I found a good second rb in Baltimore's second-string rb, who has been doing extremely solid the past few weeks. And hopefully T.J Duckett will start getting those TDs again that gave me so much hope. And Eli Manning better have a bounce-back week this week.

Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize that most everybody lost interest in this league a long time ago, but I just wanted to mention that it's now over, and that I won. Yay me.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

yep, yay you! It was a great season!
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, do you advertise that you're going to have a league? If possible, I'd like to get in next year.
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Good job! It was a tough league to do anything in with so many in. But that kind of made it fun.

With Defensive players in the mix next year we could do better with 20 people.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.