FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Whee! "The Tick" is back on TV!

Author Topic: Whee! "The Tick" is back on TV!
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but Toon Disney is playing the animated series at 10 PM (11 EST)!

Spooooooooon!

[Party]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you have made my day! And night!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get that channel. ::sigh::

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"I am mighty! I have a glow you cannot see. I have a heart as big as the moon! As warm as bathwater! We are superheroes, men, we don't have time to be charming! The boots of evil were made for walkin'! We're watching the big picture, friend! We know the score! We are a public service, not glamour boys! Not captains of industry! Keep your vulgar moneys! We are a justice sandwich. No toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?"
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It will come on Saturday and Sunday mornings on ABC, too!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching it. [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You lout! You haven't told us??
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching it for 3 days, and thought that this was common knowledge since it was the first time I had even seen Toon Disney, despite my job selling cable TV.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
ABC you say? That's so cool! I can't wait to watch it...presuming I'm awake early enough.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding me? AWESOME! I think that should release the episodes on DVD because I know I would buy it.

BTW, wasn't their a The Tick movie in the making?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

My husband doesn't understand the appeal, poor man...but he also has issues with Monty Python. General absurdity just doesn't appeal to him, I guess.

I like the line they've had on the commercial..

"You're not going crazy...you're going sane in a crazy world!"

I swear, that's how I feel most of the time.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't like Monty Python or The Tick? Wow, must be tough for you.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Nah, not really. We have two TVs. He likes silly action movies, anyway, so it's not like our tastes were totally compatible to begin with. [Wink]

And, there's plenty of other stuff we like together.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Pigleg.

Ha ha ha. That was the episode I watched last night. I could not find the show anywhere this morning.

I sure wish there was a Cable Guy around to tell us when the shows were on...

Megan
Member # 5290

I'm guessing it's T_Smith from his "despite my job selling cable TV" comment above. [Big Grin]

I enjoyed the Pigleg episode, but I don't think it was one of the better ones. Not enough Tick monologuing!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You mean, like this?

"When evil's afoot, and you don't have any arms, you've got to do a little leg work. And when evil's ahead, and you're a little behind, you've got to stay hip. You've got to keep on your toes! You've got to kick a little--"

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of it... is this bad?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No, Raia, it's good! Because it will be new to you.

"You're not going crazy, you're going sane in a crazy world!"

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw it this weekend, the same Pigleg episode. I was fearful that it was a one-time thing.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

"Babies, chum, tiny, dimpled, fleshy little mirrors of our 'usness' that we parents hurl into the future like leathery footballs of hope! And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception!"

"Yeast devil, back in the oven that baked you!"

[ June 20, 2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Aww man, I hope folks that could were watching last night...The Tick vs. The Tick, one of the best episodes!

"Barry: Where's the jerk who calls himself the The Tick??!?

Tick: I am that jerk. Who wants to know?"

"EMB(wbam): You'll never prove a thing, copper, I'm just a part time electrician…bad is good, baby! Down with government!"

Just great. [Smile] If they are going in order, tonight's is a good one too. The Tick vs. The Uncommon Cold. "Empires have fallen at the foot of this pox!"

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad I don't have Toon Disney.

*sigh*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Jon Boy,
Check on Saturday and Sunday mornings. it said in the TV guide online that ABC would air it then.

The Tick, I watched last night! Those poor sidekicks...

"I can;t lose my name! It's written on all my stationary!"

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Eek!] Megan! Family forum! [Taunt]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

- posted      Profile for King's Man   Email King's Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone watch the live action Tick series while it was on? I only saw a few episodes but they looked funny enough.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I never did.
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
[Eek!] Megan! Family forum! [Taunt]
Heh...You know, I meant board games and video games and movies. You're the one turning it all non-family and stuff. [Razz]

[Wink]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Megan, it was probably the anniversary-solstice-full moon speaking.

The Tick might say of KQ:

"Villain love goddess! You toy with the hearts of men!"

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.