FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A little freaked out; prayers and good thoughts, please. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A little freaked out; prayers and good thoughts, please.
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow at 8:00 CDT, I'll be leaving DFW for Las Vegas. I'll get in at 8:30 local time, and then hop another plane to Burbank. From there, I embark to three days of interviews, hopefully ending in me having a job and us moving to the LA area.

I'm very, very nervous. There's a lot riding on this. It would make Anne and her family very happy to have us move out there, and it would also mean, hopefully, a chance for us to actually get our heads above water and start paying off debt instead of getting into more. (Anne would have an additional income from babysitting; that's already lined up if we make it out there.)

I need encouragement, prayers, thoughts, vibes, anything you've got. I don't want to put all my hopes on this one thing; we're going up to stay with Boon immediately after I get back and hopefully I will be able to interview up there, too, if I don't have a job by then. So, pray for a good wind, not a tail wind*. [Wink] We'll do whatever's best for our family. It sure would be nice to move out there, though, even though it would mean a lot of immediate stress, as well. (All that packing in so little time...)

Anyway, anything you can send our way as far as thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated, for a safe and succesful trip. I'll also take advice, if you want to give it (but I don't promise to follow it. [Razz] )

*Like The Other Side of Heaven, you know.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck!

((Ketchup Family))

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I so hope this works out.

But no pressure, hon. [Wink]

[Group Hug] [Kiss]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep you in my prayers; hope everything works out for the best!
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, good journey, happy returns. Hope things go well for you and your family. [Smile]
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
prayers said... good luck.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's Southern California -- what could go wrong? [Big Grin]

Seriously, good luck!!! [Smile]

Hmm. I assume you won't still be in SoCal on the 26th, neh?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Catsups)))
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve [ROFL] You crack me up!

Good luck, and I'll send good thoughts, vibes, and prayers your way, too, KetchupFamily.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Thank you..........I'm not sure I understand though. Could you explain what was funny in very small words?

Anywho, good luck to you Ketchup Guy.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmm. I assume you won't still be in SoCal on the 26th, neh?
Nope, we'll all be up with Boon the 25th through 27th.

SR, I hate catsup. We are the Ketchups! KETCHUP, I SAY!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to you. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm so nervous about being alone without Jeff for three whole days. [Cry]

Can those of you who are praying please add me and Emsie being able to deal with his absence to your prayers? We've been away from him before, but we had a bunch of Jatraqueros to hang out with and all...

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, well, you see, it's like this . . .

Nah! [ROFL] You'll just have to figure it out yourself!

kq, Fahim and I hit two years this August, and we haven't yet been apart for longer than 12 hours. I don't think I could handle being away from him overnight. I'm so pathetic . . . [Frown]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Good vibes on their way. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jeff got there safely. I just talked to him, and he's on his way in to his first interview. He has one more today, then two tomorrow-- so far. He'll probably have at least one more Friday. *hopes*
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, KPC.

And good luck to KQ and KP home alone. I was shocked how much I missed Andrew the first time we were apart, but the reunion was very fun. [Wink]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, Jeff did well at his vet clinic interview (which ran over, so he rescheduled the other.) He has a work interview, and if all goes well, perhaps an offer, on Friday.

Good thing he packed a set of scrubs!

quidscribis
Member # 5124

*keeps fingers crossed*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*keeps fingers crossed as well*

He's got 4 interviews today-- 3 in the accounting field, one more vet clinic.

In fact, he should be getting on his way right now.

*hopes*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, actually, now he should be on his way. I had my times mixed up. [Blushing]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Sorry, kq. I'll call you the Ketchups from now on. Alright?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[gracious]Of course. Thank you. [Smile] [/gracious]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jeff just got out of his first interview of the day; it went fairly well, but he won't know anything until next week on this one. Now he's off to the next interview! *bites nails*
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

Heck, I figure he'll get one of the jobs and the next thread will be about how stressful it is to move! [Wink]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Wish him luck for me, even though he has no idea who I am. If you want, to get back at me a little, tell him about the Catsups *gasp*. And then tell him a Mickel the Pickle wishes him luck. I've been scarred with a nickname that makes no sense. Why did I befriend the idiot?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Wish him luck for me, even though he has no idea who I am. If you want, to get back at me a little, tell him about the Catsups *gasp*. And then tell him a Mickel the Pickle wishes him luck. I've been scarred with a nickname that makes no sense. Why did I befriend the idiot?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmph. Get back at you? I now have to get back at him. He was at In 'N' Out for lunch (:jealous:), and they asked him if he wanted ketchup (I was on the phone), and HE SAID NO! [Embarrassed] He didn't get me some ketchup from In 'N' Out! (I know, it's just Heinz, same as the stuff in the fridge, but In 'N' Out packets are much cooler than Sonic packets. :pout: )
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Second interview went well; third interview never happened because of time constraints (it's an hour's drive away), maybe tomorrow; interview at second vet clinic went fine, but he won't be working there because pay scale is too low. (He needs to find something that *gasp* pays a living wage, or at least something close to it.)
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
(He needs to find something that *gasp* pays a living wage, or at least something close to it.)
In SoCal? Surely you jest!
[/bitter sarcasm]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Actually, it looks like he's gonna do it. [Big Grin]

At least close enough that my supplemental income from part-time babysitting will be enough, with discounted rent.

alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
would it be inappropriate to use the term "sweet sauce" again?

suh-wheet!

hope things pan out, KQ (and consort/cohort).

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think I'm appropriating "sweet sauce" as a term to use during, ah, interpersonal moments with Jeffie. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Just talked to my aunt. She talked to one of her friends who interviewed Jeff yesterday, and he was really impressed. He's leaning toward an offer. [Big Grin]

Jeff is currently at his work interview with the vet clinic, so I can't call and tell him right now. So I thought I'd post it here and share with everyone instead. [Smile] Plus, Jeff can read it later if I forget to tell him. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We have an offer! Great benefits, not enough pay, but that's because it's been a while since Jeff worked in a vet clinic. If, after 30 days, his full skill came back (which it would, easily; he was under a lot of pressure today), then pay would be increased immediately.

So, if all the others fall through, he's got an offer that would be strong enough for us to go out there. We'd just have to live with my mom for a month or two.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! And bummer.

(You know what I mean.)

[Group Hug]

[Party]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*dances*
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and may this be the start of the best days of your ketchup-lovin' lives!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, Boon, I know. [Frown] [Smile]

rivka, I'm pretty pumped myself. And it's probable he'll get a better offer next week, too! [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jeff's plane was late, he missed his connection, he's stuck in Phoenix overnight, and won't get home until tomorrow afternoon.

[Cry] I want my Jeffie! And Emma needs her Abba! [Cry]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Excellent about the job offer! Yay!!!!!

Not so excellent about your hubby not being there. [Frown]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ah, well. I suppose I've made it three days, I can make it 13 more hours or so. [Frown]

And moving back home is worth it, I suppose.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for a "good wind". [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

As opposed to flatulence? [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quid, have you not had GC there yet? [Razz] Elder Groberg is the one who wrote the book the movie was based on, and I have a feeling we're going to be having "Other Side of Heaven" talks for the rest of his life... [Wink]

Here y'are, "The Lord's Wind". (I don't think he considered the implications of that title as a Jatraquero would be forced to.)

quidscribis
Member # 5124

GC? What the heck is that?

Oooooooh, General Conference. Duh. [Roll Eyes] Actually, the DVDs will be played the second Sunday in July. I've already read most of the talks, but seriously, you have no idea just how bad my memory is. I read a talk - or listen to it, whatever - and less than five minutes later, it's gone. Well, everything is, really, so I shouldn't be singling out talks. . .

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Huh, actually, I can't find the exact quote.

But you should totally see that movie. The hurricane was a bit cheesy, and my husband doesn't think some of that dancing at the beginning would be appropriate at a BYU dance, and there were sometimes a few clothing issues, but it's very good overall. [Smile]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, movie? What else am I now missing?

Thanks, kq, for pointing me to that talk. I think I've read it before, but it never hurts to read it again. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
*Like The Other Side of Heaven, you know.
[Big Grin]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Roll Eyes] Yeah, I can be pretty blind, obtuse, and, um, unaware at times.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.