FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A little freaked out; prayers and good thoughts, please. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A little freaked out; prayers and good thoughts, please.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't we all sometimes? [Smile] But I still like you.

A song for you. [Kiss]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
That was cute! [Kiss]

Would you believe that I've only seen Mr. Rogers once? And I was in high school at the time?

Yeah, there's a story. [Roll Eyes] I'd moved to the big city (Edmonton) to live with my brother so I could enroll in an honors program. My parents lived in a podunk nowhere town and the curriculum left a lot to be desired.

Anyway, in my English class, conversation came up - repeatedly - about Mr. Rogers. Finally, one day, I pip in with, "Who's Mr. Rogers?" They all look at me like I'm on drugs or something, and the teacher patiently explains. Oh, okay then.

The next day, during English class, I stayed home to watch Mr. Rogers.

The day after that, I went back to class, and of course, my teacher asked me why I wasn't in school the day before. I told him. He looked at me, and said, "Yeah, okay."

And that was it. No note requested, no chewing out. Just recognition that, based on topics of conversation within the class, it was legitimate research. [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I had a huge poster of Mr. Rogers in my bedroom until I was 11, and my friend came over and made fun of it. [Frown]

My mom always sang "I'm proud of you" when we did something helpful or extra-special.

I've been watching a lot of Mr. Rogers lately. It makes me feel comforted.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rember
Member # 8273

- posted      Profile for Rember   Email Rember         Edit/Delete Post 
Won't you be my, won't you be my, won't you be my neighbor? (using first post to do a Mr. Rogers sing-along)
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Welcome, Rember!

I have to point out, though, that it's "Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won'tyou be my neighbor?" [Smile]

Hello, neighbor! [Wave]

Rember
Member # 8273

Yup, for someone who specializes in remembering, I've been found out on my first post. Woe is me, should I reregister as Amnesia?
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rember
Member # 8273

Ketchupqueen, I'd also like to say congrats on your upcoming move. (It's for sure, isn't it?) I've met you a time or two on another board and thought I'd try this bigger pond for a nice change. So although I'm seemingly both amnesia--prone and annonymous, it's not actually true.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, is that where your name comes from?

I was wondering.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ah, gotcha.

Thanks. It's pretty much for sure. Okay, I suppose it's not technically 100% for sure yet. But it should be next week, at which time I will post the appropriate threads. [Big Grin]

KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm home! Yay! I had to leave at 5:30 AM from the hotel this morning, but I am finally here! [Smile] I am a little tired, but I am happy to be with my family. I did have a funny flight attendant, with her jokes about going out on the wing to smoke. So not a total loss.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Big Grin] [Kiss]
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I thought that going to interviews was hard enough, but this is worse...waiting to hear back! [Angst]

I was did get an email from one place that he wanted a few more days to finalize his decision and I have yet to hear from the other one that was promising. Sadly, I don't know if there is anything I can do at this point except wait. [Frown]

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You could check the Tulsa classifieds. [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.