FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlefield 2

Author Topic: Battlefield 2
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else played Battlefield 2 ? It came out 2 days ago, on the 22nd. I managed to get our local Fred Meyer's LAST copy of it. It's a really fun game.

Wowbagger, do you play BF2? I saw someone named Wowbagger on the CAD/8Bit server.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it on the 21st, so NYEH [Smile]

Look for Ferretino!

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I've only played the demo....i'm rushing out to buy it today. Hopefully I'll be able to find it...
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
It should be noted that this game (just the demo mind you) is the most fun I've had playing a game in ages...
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I played the demo, MUCH better then ts predisessors 42' and Vietnam. Aiming isn't such a pain now but nowhere close to how it is in CoD, the arena still seems a little small for air craft but I can get used to it with practice. Now I see a really good career for an Ops or Sniper for meself. But I still gotta figure out how to bloody get the physics right I aim for the head yet it misses blah.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

fyi The areana gets bigger when you add more players.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got promoted to Private First Class! Woohoo!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, same here! And I've got my basic certification in all the kits now, too. Had great fun with a sniper rifle at the Dam ...
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

I just got the game! screen name wowbagger79. I won't be able to really play online since I'm having issues with my dsl.
Puppy
Member # 6721

This morning, I got killed because of lag, so I quit the server, and the game crashed. Had to restart my machine. I think it says a lot that despite its bugginess, I can't stop playing [Smile]

This morning, I took some awesome risks to swoop in with a chopper full of guys and take a forward neutral base before the enemy could get to it. I hung around to defend it for a while, and it quickly filled up with snipers (my allies) aiming at an adjoining base.

So I thought, "Cool, this base is protected. Moving on ..." and headed towards the enemy base.

I hadn't gone more than halfway before those snipers completely lost my base to the enemy.

[sigh] Some people [Smile]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Where can i get the demo guys? I don't have the cash to purchase it right now but a demo would be awesome.. (link or bittorrent link is fine) thanks
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

Fileshack and Fileplanet both have it.
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

- posted      Profile for Leon the Professional   Email Leon the Professional         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask and you shall receive.
http://www.download.com/Battlefield-2-demo/3000-7452_4-10404526.html

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.