FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Float On by Modest Mouse (I tried that "radio" thing) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Float On by Modest Mouse (I tried that "radio" thing)
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, can I listen to them easily? WIthout buying/borrowing them? You say check them out, but only really convenient I can think of to do that is to go and buy them. I don't spend money on music, especially untried stuff.

I suppose I could use iTunes, but then I'd need to buy an MP3 player...and a computer on which to load iTunes (won't work on the comp at work). Either way, it's very expensive. Much too expensive to be worth it. I blow my fun money on other things.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
You can get both of the songs I mentioned off Amazon's Free Music Downloads, as well as a few more by each artist. Ugly Casanova you'll have to do the old fashioned way, however.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Bright Eyes has grown on me a lot. They are pretty big here in Omaha, cause this is where they started. I wasn't a huge fan of the first song of there's I heard, but I know all the words to Take It Easy. Its a sort of anti-love song about a teenage boy being ditched by his friend after they had sex. I think it struck such a cord with me because something very similar happened to me when I was 15.

My favorite verse:
quote:
if you stay to long inside my memory.
i will trap you in a song tied to a melody.
and i'll keep you there so you can't bother me.

I'll have to listen to more of them. The new song of there's on the radio I like too, but not as well as Take it Easy. Its pretty much the opposite, being a love song.

quote:

And you said, "This is the first day of my life."
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you
Now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy

Now I know we have a "two line max" rule, but without saying "look at line 14-18" or something like that, how do I show the verse which I like? Take the last lines off either of the lyric quotes and they don't mean anything. Its like stopping mid sentence.

Sort of like:
quote:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in conceived in Liberty, and

But I will edit the quotes down if I am asked to.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer his digital stuff to his acoustic stuff, and feel awful about it. It goes against everything musical I believe in.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.