FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: Getting a tune-up at the celebrity body shop

Author Topic: New column: Getting a tune-up at the celebrity body shop
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Getting a tune-up at the celebrity body shop

Apparently women want Jessica Simpson's hair. Not for some sensible reason, like for a wall trophy or as an ingredient for one of the more interesting rituals, but because they like her best.

In a new poll perpetrated by In Touch magazine, readers picked "Dukes of Hazzard" star and professional newlywed Jessica Simpson over runners-up Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Alba, and Angelina Jolie for most coveted do. This is despite the fact that her usual hair style reminds me of nothing so much as a Barbie that has been picked up and violently shaken, possibly by a Labrador.

The people have spoken and I respect the democratic process. However, this article kicked off an entertaining conversation between my wife and me as to what celebrity parts I personally might wish to have. Instead of my own, I mean.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! It's Wednesday!

Great column. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome concept.

I, too, have contemplated visiting the celebrity body shop.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
eat corn on the cob without going side-to-side
*snort* [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Love the way you ended that one - almost too precious, then right back to funny. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Teresa ultimately decided she'd keep most of her own attributes, but she'd like to move them up a bit.

I chose to keep my own personal bits, as that would get too weird and because I've decided to claim contentment.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, Spike.

Spike's snark. And his cheekbones. Both are much better buys than his abs.

Although, you know, the abs are nice too.

*checks watch* I'm late for Buffy!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I'm sorry, but it's not your best work. The concept is worth maybe a paragraph; I don't think it stretches to a whole column. By the time you've got to eyes, you've made the point that this is a stupid way to think; we don't need it belaboured further, so it reads rather like an actual shopping list of how you'd like to look - undermining your whole point.

Better luck next week.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, I think this is worth a photoshop attempt at seeing what he'd actually look like [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Actually my point, if there was one, was that Teres and I have great dinner conversations, the kind that involve loud giggling, hand gestures, and angry stares from other diners. This was pretty much a transcript.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

This
quote:
Groucho's romance
is one of the reasons why Chris and Theres are such a great couple -- because he actively pursues a Groucho-like romance and because Theres values that.

[Big Grin]

I could almost hear you guys doing this. Too much fun!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.